What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LOL. I know its October now, But I figured I still add pics here anyways, lol.

I'll start off with some new pics of my Baby Nepenthes Edwardsiana. Lets hope its a Female.

c-105.jpg

d-89.jpg

e-77.jpg

f-67.jpg

Some new Jacquelineae Red pictures. This pitcher seems to be only getting better since it arrived like this in the mail. Filled it up with some rainwater with superthrive in the pitcher.

g-56.jpg

i-39.jpg

k-30.jpg

Some new pics of the Tenuis Plants. I love the Female Tenuis. Hoping the other one is a male. Seed grown Tenuis's, here I come, LOL.

h-44.jpg

j-33.jpg

Some pics of one of my P. Regalis T's

b-123.jpg

a-132.jpg

That is insane how small that edwardsiana is.... I guess I don't understand how tissue culture works. What's the big deal with everyone wanting female plants? are males just always more common? Or is it simply because females have the most dominant traits? Either way... male traits of eddy in a female hamata or something wouldn't exactly be a let down. :p

That is insane how small that edwardsiana is.... I guess I don't understand how tissue culture works. What's the big deal with everyone wanting female plants? are males just always more common? Or is it simply because females have the most dominant traits? Either way... male traits of eddy in a female hamata or something wouldn't exactly be a let down. :p

The reason why everyone wants a Female is because if you have a female, you have the power to produce seeds and thats where the money is at, lol. Imagine being able to release several hundred seed grown Eddies, lol. Plus its more rewarding that way if you produced the seed yourself and germinated them.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

I have 2 homemade Hamakua hybrids germinating at he moment.

hamakua? whatss that?

Hamakua is the Famous Sam Estes Hybrid. I acquired a Female Hamakua a bit over a year ago, and when she flowered, I pollinated her with Truncata x Veitchii H/L, Veitchii H/L x Veitchii L/L, and xVelvet. None of the xVelvet crosses came up.
Only the Hamakua x Truncata x Veitchii H/L or Hamakua x Veitchii H/L x Veitchii L/L or one of each of those came up. I planted them two complex crosses in the same 5in pot, as I thought none of the seeds were viable anyways because the seed pods opened early and small. I got lucky 2 seedling came up, LOL. The xVelvet seeds I planted in a different pot as I didn't want to get that cross mixed up with the better 2 crosses.

Hamakua is a mix of Thorelii x xTiveyi x Campanulata. xTiveyi being Maxima x Veitchii H/L

New Tenuis pics. The Female is getting quite Tall.

d-90.jpg

c-106.jpg

b-124.jpg

a-133.jpg

She's looking really good, Mike :-D

wow......impressive collection, i did not have much nepenthes, hope will have more soon.....are they growing in lowland condition?

wow......impressive collection, i did not have much nepenthes, hope will have more soon.....are they growing in lowland condition?

Hi there. Thanks for the kind words. Please keep in contact as I may have some new hybrids made this flowering season. If you like, I can send you some seeds to help your collection grow when I make them. Only a matter of time. They will most likely be Hamakua hybrids mixed with Spectabilis x Veitchii H/L.

Back