What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

progression shots , N. burkei

uphwiz

jimmy
cant wait to try this again on another pitcher, I still need to get the camera stiller , there is movement between some of the pics. i probably kicked the tripod , and the focus is difficult to reset each time the camera is turned on , but i am loving this slide show program.
try watching it full screen if you can , and set the pix at 480. it looks a little better.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LpTWvUQ7CFI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LpTWvUQ7CFI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nice video and the music!

That's definitely pretty neat! Seems like it would have taken a bit of time.

wow thats pretty awesome.

hey jimmy did you try doing everything manually? like manual focus setting the iso yourself and everything else? that might help some to kill the variation your getting in some of the pictures. also what might work (ive never done time lapse) is taking a small 2 sec. video (if you can take 720 hd video) and take the frame out that looks the best (as in comparison to the last time you took the vid) that might kill even more variation...in theory. just things i thought of while reading/watching your thread.

it has been a long while since i did a an update on my burki, its still in the same pot that it came in :blush:and i believe it was my first nepenthes , it's now starting to vine a bit and the pitchers have lost the hairy face that the smaller pitchers had:banana2:, i do love this nep. its been very easy to care for, and pitchers regularly, as in it always has two or three nice pitchers and a few fading pitchers as well.
this is the nicest pitcher on it right now.
IMG_6112.jpg
This one is inflating faster than any i have ever seen on this plant, and it does have a slightly different shape than all previous pitchers at this point of development, cant wait till it matures,,
IMG_6113.jpg
IMG_6114.jpg

out of curiosity on avg how long does it take a pitcher to open the top once it is finished gaining in size?

Back