Thread: So my spectabilis thinks it's dying..

near Salt Lake City
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

So my spectabilis thinks it's dying..

..or it really is in fact dying, time will tell. It was doing great, and has been for a couple years. Then it made a pitcher that was 1/4 the size of the previous. Then it threw out a couple very tiny leaves, about 1/4 the size of the previous leaves, all of which didn't pitcher. Now, it has thrown out 3 spikes in succession. The first I let bloom, and it had lots of flowers. Then it immediately made another, which I cut before it bloomed. Then just today I notice it was making yet another, which I cut, but it didn't look like it was going to have many flowers on it, it was going to be pathetic.

So, I think this thing is trying to kick the bucket. I haven't changed any conditions, so I'm stumped. I cannot see any sign of disease or pest, so I dunno what's going on. So I think I'm going to repot it, as it has been a couple of years, just to see if that helps. But, I'm also thinking maybe I should just take cuttings. Man this sucks as it took nearly a year to settle in and pitcher when I first got it. Hate to go through that again.

growingnepenthese.blogspo truncatacole's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    aww I'm sorry well at least you can get those cuttings if you need.