Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexenthes' Nepenthes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gee...maybe i should try my hand at a N. bicalcarata again :|
    i had a good sized N. bicalcarata Red, but i had to sell it because of size limitations <_<
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-28-2011 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment - bical or Bical are not valid plant names

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love that N. spectabilis x talangensis !
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-28-2011 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment - spec and talang are not valid plant names

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Devon! I really enjoy the plant, it still hasn't pitchered since these pictures.... :\

Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    gee...maybe i should try my hand at a N. bicalcarata again :|
    i had a good sized N. bicalcarata Red, but i had to sell it because of size limitations <_<
    Well it's not like they have gotten any smaller since then... but I'm guessing your set up has gotten larger.

This plant wont dig highland conditions for very long, and grows very slowly in such conditions. But I've found that the biggest issue for bical growth is humidity, it absolutely must be soggy inside. Then of course after that, it must be 85 degrees during the day and 70 at night....

Still N. bicalcarata aren't really that hard to find these days...
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-28-2011 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a sunny day here, the first in many weeks. So you all know what that means in the carnivorous plant world...

PICTURES!

First here's the continuation of obligatory "N. jacquelineae making its first pitcher" segment.

N. spectabilis x talangensis - still not pitchering but getting tall

It refuses to pitcher, but that's ok because its pitchers refuse to die! Nice color

N. spectabilis x aristolochioides newest pitcher.... really unimpressive. I'm starting to wonder what I'm not doing right for this plant

But I really love this plant, didn't stop growing for a second since I received it. The pitcher it was inflating has opened (on the left) and the tendril it had is inflating (on the right) and the leaf it had curled is big and fatty.

And the seed grown N. glabrata are showing signs of growth and acclimation.

My heat packs just came in the mail, so this will be the last sunny pictures I get to take of my most beloved Nepenthes of all...

Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-28-2011 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustments
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fantastic plants man. Is that the new giant red N. bicalcarata whcih recently was available from BE?
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-28-2011 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment - bical is not a valid plant name

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

But No it's like going on four years old I bought it from Petey D'amato way back when. It was labeled Brunei orange/red.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That last shot of your N. bicalcarata is just....breathtaking.
    I'm sure it'll do wonderful in it's new home!
    And everything else is looking great!!
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-28-2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment - bical is not a valid plant name

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much.

When she leaves I wont have anything to take awesome pictures of! At least for a while...

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast