Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexenthes' Nepenthes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More new Nepenthes! These *should* be the last Nepenthes I get for the season, or for a while/anytime soon. There's been a plethora of updates from all those of us who are just now receiving a certain someone's plants that traveled from pretty far away. So I'll just add to that crowd.

Here's a double growth point Nepenthes faizaliana. Looks very healthy and I'm loving the color of the leaves already. The pitchers are kind of going every which way though.

And after 11 years of gawking aimlessly: I now finally have my very own Nepenthes hamata! Woot woot. It's a clone two. I have no idea what the differences in the clones are and I have seen very little labeled comparisons on the internet, soo... We'll see.

But any N. hamata is a good N. hamata.

And last but certainly not least: Possibly my most lusted after Nepenthes of all right after N. edwardsiana, Nepenthes argentii. SO excited to receive this plant.

YES!

Keep opening buddy!

The small tendril on the left got a little creased in traveling. I hope it keeps inflating.

Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-28-2011 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG NICE! That's super awesome - I've been contemplating what his N. faizaliana looks like so definitely take update pics! That N. hamata is already toothy and sooo cute.. And I love the N. argentii - totally looks exactly like the one I got from the same place 5ish months ago and promptly traded away for ceph seeds once I acclimated it. I missed it so much I got another! I assume mine's BE so we'll have to share'n'compare as they grow if you're interested.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-28-2011 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment - plant names are binomial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations--N. hamata and N. argentii are two of my favorite species. And yours look great!

I too will have an N. argentii coming in a few weeks, and I am super stoked. It's a combination of two of my most favorite things in the world: miniature stuff and Nepenthes. Moreover, not only does it have a huge cuteness factor, but based on the harsh conditions of its natural habitat, it's a hardcore little species. You will have to keep us updated with the progress of your little guy. It's not a species I hear a whole lot about...that is something we will have to change

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THANKS! You don't have to worry about me updating any of my plants. I am really interested to see how the N. faizaliana turns out. The photos on CPPF sure make it look pretty colorful, and I'm sucker for anything with good peristome striping. AW's description had me sold on it too, plus the fact that I don't think I have seen anyone post pictures of any N. faizaliana, so I figured I would have to find out for myself.

And I would love to compare N. argentii! I hope mine likes my conditions, and I hope yours likes yours as well.

Someday I wish very much to make SG argentii or some epic N. argentii hybrids.

[Edit: Unable to identify plant shown in red, above. Unidentifiable abbreviation.]
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-07-2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment - plant names are binomial, neither N. faizaliana, nor N. argentii end with an "s"
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thez: Mine is going to be from BE, so we can all compare if you'd like. Plus I hypothesize that more N. argentii results in an exponential growth of awesomeness.

[Edit: Unrecognizable abbreviation used, shown in red, above.]

FYI: BE=Borneo Exotics
    SG=Seed Grown
    Last edited by Raven01000; 02-21-2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment - plant names are binomial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, awesome!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing's first:

Continually updated Nepenthes argentii progression since I received it. (Will update as often as possible)

12/10/10

12/20/10

12/28/10

January 4th, 2011.

January 17th, 2011.

First pitcher inflating.

And a small tribute to Nepenthes bicalcarata.

Early 2009

Moved back to Alaska, mid 09.

Getting larger.

Won the first POM contest on TF in October.

Late 09, early 10 - hitting the glass again already.

Adapts to highland conditions

Has to leave -

Fair thee well, beloved bicalcarata.

Last edited by Dexenthes; 01-17-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So since the N. bicalcarata is gone now I've made a few changes to the terrarium for those of you who are interested. (This is mostly just for my documentation. )

With N. bicalcarata

Without N. bicalcarata

Starting on the left - Genlisea violacea, Utricularia calcyfida (thanks RSS!), Utricularia nelumbifolia, Drosera prolifera (Thanks RL3785! [Those aren't the right numbers...]), Down at the bottom a basal that I took off of N. ampullaria x talangensis before I sent it to Liz (rooted and growing well! )

In this picture - N. spectabilis x aristolochioides, N. ventricosa x glandulifera, N. hamata, N. argentii, N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana, H. heterodoxa x minor, H. pulchella, and in the for-ground, U. tricolor, U. sandersonii (blue), D. capensis, and "D. roundandstickya".

In the fore-ground, N. jacquelineae, two seed grown N. glabrata and a very sad unrooted N. spectabilis x talangensis basal.

And in the far right - More D. prolifera and U. nelumbifolia (thanks RL!), N. faizaliana in the back, and of course, the big plant is N. spectabilis x talangensis.

Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-28-2011 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment - Bical is not a valid plant name, neither is D. roundandstickya

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast