Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexenthes' Nepenthes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My N. glabrata had shrinking pitchers and I think it's as the plant grew upwards and gained height, the tendrils were further away from the moist to humid air near the potting material, so the pitchers shrank. I notice people who have higher humidity have pitchers twice the size on the same plants I have, so maybe check if your humidity is high enough? My biggest N. jacquelinae makes pretty small pitchers and always on looooong tendrils that pop up in other plants' pots on the medium...so it may need to have moist moss on the tendril tips.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-28-2011 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment - plant names are binomial

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by christerb View Post
    I didn't think so either, yet that is what happened when I got a specimen from him in 2004. Lets hope that what he offers nowadays is correctly labeled.

Regards,

Christer
    Hmm... Well I hope so too!

Quote Originally Posted by thez_yo View Post
    My N. glabrata had shrinking pitchers and I think it's as the plant grew upwards and gained height, the tendrils were further away from the moist to humid air near the potting material, so the pitchers shrank. I notice people who have higher humidity have pitchers twice the size on the same plants I have, so maybe check if your humidity is high enough? My biggest N. jacquelinae makes pretty small pitchers and always on looooong tendrils that pop up in other plants' pots on the medium...so it may need to have moist moss on the tendril tips.
    I've been pretty good at humidity lately. And what's strange is the first pitcher didn't form in moss, but the second one did and it stopped growing!

So my experience showed me that it doesn't like growing in moss. But that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. Regardless, the newest bud appears to be forming well.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-28-2011 at 09:19 AM.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unlikely neighbors

Drosera rotundifolia and Nepenthes hamata first pitcher under my care.

Nepenthes spectabilis x talangensis
    first pitcher after a many month long hiatus of no pitchers.

This is the part of my terrarium that has the most amount of pitchers per square inch, hands down.

LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow very nice!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nepenthes ventricosa x glandulifera Latest pitcher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That N. spectabilis x talangensis is fantastic
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-07-2011 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment - "spec x tal" are not valid CP names

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you ! I like it too. It's sort of the bread-winner of my collection at the moment.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. faizaliana pitcher deeper in color now. Love it!

The biggest N. glabrata pitcher I've grown yet! Not yet colored up, but much bigger than it's counterpart's pitchers.

Burbrwardsiana's first pitcher! (Editor's note: As stated multiple times in this thread, this plant is N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana, however, I have decided that I will name my particular plant Burbwardsiana, just as I would name my cat, my dog, or any other pet or living thing to which I devote my attention to.)

TEETH.

Finally chugging along. Notice the leaf that is very bent when it arrived and never bent back, but that didn't stop it from sending out a little pitcher.

Last edited by Dexenthes; 02-12-2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast