What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow, that N. spectabilis x talangensis is amazing! Another one to add to the want / must find list....

Thanks for sharing!!

Just Burbwardsiana showing it's stuff. I would submit to the POM, but it's a month shy.

N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana

DSCN5937.jpg

:drool:
ONE of mine is THREATENING to inflate a pitcher. Hopefully this encourages it.
Marvelous work though, Dex!

Thanks Liz! I hope yours has made good on its threats by now. :)

More pictures of Nepenthes because the Sun is out in full!

Nepenthes spectabilis x aristolochioides is finally looking like a decent Nep!

DSCN6010.jpg

DSCN6008.jpg

DSCN6007.jpg

Drooling

DSCN6009.jpg

Nepenthes hamata is chugging along nicely. Still waiting for a big toothy pitcher though!

DSCN6015.jpg

DSCN6016.jpg

And of course, because I can never get enough of this plant. Nepenthes burbidgeae x edwardsiana 's latest pitcher

DSCN6013.jpg

DSCN6014.jpg

Dexenthes, how is that N. singalana of yours doing?

:laaa:

Everything is absolutely...incredible! Simply gorgeous!! All of your pitchers are soo :drool:

Nice plants Dex...your burb x eddie is very special indeed!

dvg

Dexenthes, how is that N. singalana of yours doing?

It is just getting over the acclimation process, it has yet to really finish a new leaf or pitcher. Still patiently waiting because it should turn out to be a beauty!

:laaa:

Everything is absolutely...incredible! Simply gorgeous!! All of your pitchers are soo :drool:

Why thank you. :D I really hope the Cephalotus can end up as happy as those guys up there. It's been pouting.

Nice plants Dex...your burb x eddie is very special indeed!

dvg

Thank you! I really lucked out on it for the price. I am so glad I did!

OMG!...Epic win!

That Burbeddie is total awesomesauce......you made me add it to my wantlist. :awesome:

OMG!...Epic win!

That Burbeddie is total awesomesauce......you made me add it to my wantlist. :awesome:

Thanks! :D

Aren't you one of those species elitists? :lol:

I suppose with parents like those, who can deny?

That N. spectabilis x talangensis is truly a gem... so amazing. That peristome is the right mix of stripes and fading colours.

Thanks! :D

Aren't you one of those species elitists? :lol:

I suppose with parents like those, who can deny?

I like "select" hybrids.....only the most beautiful or unique hybrids may gain access to my collection. ;)

That N. spectabilis x talangensis is truly a gem... so amazing. That peristome is the right mix of stripes and fading colours.

Thank you Lime! If only you could grow highlanders. :(

I like "select" hybrids.....only the most beautiful or unique hybrids may gain access to my collection. ;)

I know exactly what you mean. I am the same way! It's sort of a fluke that I allowed ventricosa x glandulifera into my collection. But it turns out what it lacks in looks it makes up for with a great personality. :D

I'm going to throw this one in the freezer.

DSCN6028.jpg

DSCN6025.jpg

DSCN6026.jpg

DSCN6027.jpg

N. singalana "tujuh" finally acclimated and popped out this pathetic little cute pitcher.

DSCN6021.jpg

But it also popped out this nice looking one too. :)

DSCN6022.jpg

Gave the coffee treatment to all my Neps and I definitely think that N. faizaliana is showing some serious love because of it. Observe the notable size difference in the last two leaves.

DSCN6023.jpg

And still its pitchers have not been all that impressive, but here it is.

DSCN6024.jpg

The coffee was strong enough to put hair on your chest...

DSCN6020.jpg

It's a shame about your bical :/ but your Neps are looking amazing!

OMG soo nice. And I'm insanely jealous that your burbXeddie actually pitchers let alone grows :ohno:

Oh, everything is spectacular... :love:

Lookin good! The N faizaliana really jumped, proving to be a real coffee fan. That is a pretty amazing growth spurt.

It's a shame about your bical :/ but your Neps are looking amazing!

It's just the way life goes.... Thank you though!

OMG soo nice. And I'm insanely jealous that your burbXeddie actually pitchers let alone grows :ohno:

It's all in the terrarium thez, you oughta spoil some of your neps like you do your Heliamphora, it might make the difference!

Oh, everything is spectacular... :love:

Thank you Liz. :)

Lookin good! The N faizaliana really jumped, proving to be a real coffee fan. That is a pretty amazing growth spurt.

Thank you! :hail:

This is something that I have noticed just from looking at before and after pics on this forum and others: It seems that plants with the "truncata" short of shape react more dramatically to the coffee treatment. N. faizaliana definitely has leaves that resemble N. truncata, and I've seen other plants with similar shaped leaves have great growth spurts after the coffee treatment.

I don't know! Maybe it's just a coincidence. But I can;t wait to see what kind of pitcher the plant makes on the end of that leaf. :D

Back