What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeah It has definitely been a really hardy plant so far as I've had it. It suffered from no shipping shock whatsoever. Then I divided it immediately and so far all divisions have survived wonderfully, even the two that I sent across the country!

Loving your N. spectabilis x talangensis, how's the old vine doing out of the terrarium? I'm going to university soon and am looking for windowsill Neps that can still look amazing (as yours do ^^)

Loving your N. spectabilis x talangensis, how's the old vine doing out of the terrarium? I'm going to university soon and am looking for windowsill Neps that can still look amazing (as yours do ^^)

It's actually still in the terrarium, I was just taking that picture as I moved them around. Soo... I don't know! But I do know that the cross seems to be at least somewhat formidable and might deal with a window sill well.

A ventricosa will live on a window sill with pride. Also of my two glandulifera crosses, I've noticed both of them seem to be so vigorous and persistent that I bet either ventricosa x glandulifera or glandulifera x boschiana could make good window sill Nepenthes.

Everyone's posting pics, thought it was time for an update!

eymae x ephippiata

DSCN6602.jpg

eymae x jacquelineae

DSCN6604.jpg

spectabilis x talangensis

Before -

DSCN6611.jpg

After

DSCN6625.jpg

DSCN6626.jpg

Deformed N. sanguinea which I like better than the regular pitchers. :p

DSCN6635.jpg

DSCN6636.jpg

Santa came early in the form of a super awesome Terraforum member. :banana2: :D

N. ventricosa x hamata

DSCN6639.jpg

Out of focus, but it shows the teeth nicely.

DSCN6637.jpg

spectabilis x talangensis basal pitcher

DSCN6640.jpg

burbidgeae x edwardsiana finally started growing again and put out this shrimpy pitcher it had been forming for months.

DSCN6641.jpg

H. heterodoxa x minor really enjoying the new lights.

DSCN6642.jpg

Finally, the humble N. ventricosa x glandulifera's gaping maw.

DSCN6644.jpg

Looking hawt, I really like the Spectabilis x Talangensis.

N. spectabilis x talangensis get's me everytime. Always wanted one..
What conditions and media are you using for the burb x eddy? Mine seems to just hate me..

Looking hawt, I really like the Spectabilis x Talangensis.

Thanks! Everyone seems to like the plant a lot. :lol:

N. spectabilis x talangensis get's me everytime. Always wanted one..
What conditions and media are you using for the burb x eddy? Mine seems to just hate me..

I've been using pure LFS as the media, but to be fair it stopped growing entirely for probably like four or five months after the moss got all stale and nasty. I potted it up in some new moss and after getting the new lights it shortly thereafter started growing again. I'm pretty sure my choice of soil is not ideal, but it works and easy for me so far.

Temps are about 80 during the day and most nights I try and get the temps down to 55 or at least 60. It might get colder I'm not sure. Humidity hovers around 60-70% most of the time, but I mist often and it goes up to 90's afterward.

Lighting is about one foot away from two T5's.

:drool:
:drool:

Just put that one on want list! Love the shape. Sweet plants Dex.

Thanks man. :lol:

Wow. So high light. What color are the leaves?

:laaa: Your neps are always a pleasure to see :-D Can't wait till mine start putting on size and looking like yours :)

Wow. So high light. What color are the leaves?

So far all the plants seem to be enjoying the light, with few problems. That particular plant is starting to red, it's quite nice actually. :)

DSCN6646.jpg

:laaa: Your neps are always a pleasure to see :-D Can't wait till mine start putting on size and looking like yours :)

Thank you Liz. :) I hope your plants grow fast for you!

and in pure live LFS.. interesting. *rubs chin*

spectabilis x talangensis saying hello

DSCN6676.jpg

glandulifera x boschiana being bashful

DSCN6679.jpg

And yaaay! N. hamata seed grown has produced its first pitcher in my care. Certainly not a very fast specimen but a good one none the less. :)

DSCN6678.jpg

DSCN6680.jpg

DSCN6682.jpg

So far this plant is way better already than the AW clone that I had. :banana2:

Yay gorgeous plants as always!

oh pretty hamata! I approve ;)

Nice plants...great sized burbidgeae x edwardsiana as well. :)

Congrats on that hamata! And that spectabilis x talangensis is just droolsome :drool:

Back