What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That squirrel has a little tartar buildup there, you better take care of that.

well that squirrel is definitely carnivorous :-D

Wow very nice hamata. Do you know whether it is tc or sg? The coloration is very similar to my sg katopassa hamata!

Wow very nice hamata. Do you know whether it is tc or sg? The coloration is very similar to my sg katopassa hamata!

It's seed-grown

More pics!

First up, my windowsill Nepenthes: ventricosa, loving the longer days but not loving the intense sun we've had lately.

DSCN7084.jpg

DSCN7085.jpg

Its windowsill comrades, P. moctezumae waking up for the year. This is the only plant that Liz has ever sent me that survived. :-D

DSCN7086.jpg

Then the old trusty D. capensis that I got from Andy over two years ago, they've been eaten by aphids all winter and they just shook them all off and are back on track.

DSCN7087.jpg

And... already it's flowering.

DSCN7088.jpg

Then this little pot, it seems to do okay.

DSCN7089.jpg

D. natalensis appears to be still alive after the difficult winter.

DSCN7090.jpg

D. capensis 'alba' that sprouted out of nowhere a while back... also shaking off the aphids.

DSCN7091.jpg

And this cool fern that shares the pot, no idea where it came from or what it is but I like it.

DSCN7092.jpg

DSCN7093.jpg

H. heterodoxa x minor doing well.

DSCN7094.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Sorry, here's some more actual Nepenthes. :lol:

I'm trying to figure out which N. ventricosa x hamata I should keep... plant one:

DSCN7096.jpg

DSCN7097.jpg

DSCN7098.jpg

DSCN7099.jpg

DSCN7100.jpg

DSCN7101.jpg

Plant two, slightly larger in growth, taller pitchers. . .

DSCN7102.jpg

DSCN7103.jpg

DSCN7104.jpg

N. singalana x hamata looking great.

DSCN7105.jpg

DSCN7106.jpg

DSCN7107.jpg

Why not keep both? Or at least let them grow out a little more before you decide. They both look AMAZING! :drool:

Why not keep both? Or at least let them grow out a little more before you decide. They both look AMAZING! :drool:

Well... I would like to keep both, I like both of them dearly, but I am in the process of reducing the size of my collection so having two of something...

Sorry bout that. Well I like the first one best, red all over and slightly tubby. But then, I like fat pitchers! :D

You have amazing plants! Love the dark purple on the singalana x hamata! Beautiful!

wow, awesome plants! I really like the coloration of the heliamphora.

Five pitchers on that singalana x hamata? You're making mine look like a nun.

I vote plant one too, Dex. 'Love the stout wide pitchers. I'm waiting for pictures of the argentii when it pitchers.

Sorry bout that. Well I like the first one best, red all over and slightly tubby. But then, I like fat pitchers! :D

You have amazing plants! Love the dark purple on the singalana x hamata! Beautiful!

The first one is getting high ratings lately... Thank you!

wow, awesome plants! I really like the coloration of the heliamphora.

Thanks. :)

Five pitchers on that singalana x hamata? You're making mine look like a nun.

That was my entire goal in life. :mwahaha:

I vote plant one too, Dex. 'Love the stout wide pitchers. I'm waiting for pictures of the argentii when it pitchers.

I knew people would prefer plant one... I almost do too.. It's such a hard choice! I am waiting for it to pitcher too.... So much so that....

Moar Pics! :-D

RSCN7119.jpg

N. spectabilis x talangensis

RSCN7118.jpg

Plant #2

RSCN7120.jpg

RSCN7121.jpg

N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana doing good.

DSCN7112.jpg

I was messing around with my microscope and snapped a few pictures of N. hamata, they didn't exactly turn out, but here they are anyway.. :p

DSCN7111.jpg

DSCN7110.jpg

RSCN7123.jpg

I just received this Cephalotus from Dionea, it had spent two weeks in the mail! :0o: But it appears to be mostly okay.

DSCN7124.jpg

DSCN7125.jpg

And it almost feels wrong to post this picture.... :poke::jester:

RSCN7122.jpg

Why thank you Lime. :p

it had spent two weeks in the mail!
I'm so surprised that it made it in such good condition. Its been forever.

Beautiful plants btw.

I'm so surprised that it made it in such good condition. Its been forever.

I know! Your packing job was pretty good though. It looks like it just was starved for light but not the least bit stressed otherwise.

N. eymae x ephippiata

DSCN7129.jpg

DSCN7130.jpg

N. eymae x jacquelineae

DSCN7139.jpg

N. ventricosa x hamata plant two

DSCN7132.jpg

DSCN7135.jpg

DSCN7133.jpg

Some non-Nepenthes . . .

D. capensis 'Red' finally getting kinda red in the natural sunlight.

DSCN7142.jpg

DSCN7131.jpg

With S. oreophila seedlings

DSCN7140.jpg

Largest of them so far.

DSCN7141.jpg

I finally have D. regia!! :mwahaha:

DSCN7137.jpg

Really nice plants dex! I wish I got one of the vent x hamatas.

Thanks you two ^^ :)

More pics! MORE!

This plant is really starting to "grow" on me and is now easily my third largest Nepenthes that I have (not saying much). I fertilized it lightly a couple weeks back and it appears to be just loving it.

N. glandulifera x boschiana

DSCN7195.jpg

Glands secreting nectar

DSCN7196.jpg

And covering all surfaces.

DSCN7197.jpg

Really quite handsome (IMO), the boschiana influence is gradually getting more obvious as time goes by.

DSCN7198.jpg

Always hairy

DSCN7199.jpg

Then of course, N. hamata just popped this pitcher really quickly it seems.. not all that impressive either but a hundred dollar plant deserves to get its picture taken. :lol:

DSCN7201.jpg

DSCN7202.jpg

I'm hoping it can keep five pitchers at a time, maybe more!

DSCN7204.jpg

N. ventricosa x hamata plant one, colored up.

DSCN7205.jpg

You can't stop these plants, pitcher after pitcher!

DSCN7206.jpg

DSCN7207.jpg

N. argentii is really picking up the pace! :-D

argentii.jpg

And good ol' N. spectabilis x talangensis made this goofy looking tubby pitcher buried in the other plants

DSCN7209.jpg

Back