What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nothing goofy at all about that pitcher. You have some gorgeous plants!

wow spectabilis x talangesis is an incredible plant!

Thank you guys! :-D

I really like it too... it would appear that it reacts to environmental conditions in more profound ways than other Nepenthes I've grown... :scratch:

Oh man XD you plants are so nice!

Awesome. The N. eymae x ephippiata peristome reminds me a lot of the burb x eddie peristome.

Dex, you grow your plants extremely well :) that makes all the normal looking hybrids look fantastic!

Thanks Edward. :) On the contrary I feel that normal hybrids are actually just fantastic anyway.

great pics dex loving the vent x hami and your hami looking good

Thanks corky. But see this is why you gotta be careful with these little nicknames. "hami" to me would be short of hamiguitanensis, but clearly you meant hamata. Anyway, thanks!

Some pitchers popping lately:

N. singalana x hamata official has its 6th pitcher

DSCN7449.jpg

DSCN7447.jpg

You can see that it is twice the size of the first pitcher it made for me.

DSCN7450.jpg

This ventricosa x hamata has six going on seven pitchers as well. I'm really impressed with these hamata hybrid's rosetting capabilities! Here's # 6

DSCN7452.jpg

DSCN7451.jpg

This makes me more excited than anything else in the terrarium

DSCN7443.jpg

D. regia loving the beta pellets.

DSCN7459.jpg

New guy that came in a week ago. N. campanulata x maxima, thanks Zu for making me appreciate campanulata and it's spawn. :-D

DSCN7445.jpg

This Cephalotus that had spent two weeks in the mail is doing good, putting up all sorts of leaves. I wouldn't mind a pitcher though...

DSCN7458.jpg

The goofy but loveable N. glandulifera x boschiana. Last pitcher looked more like boschiana, this one looks more like glandulifera, funny.

DSCN7453.jpg

N. ventricosa x glandulifera, as always.

DSCN7460.jpg

This is a classic example of growing lowlanders as a highlander. N. clipeata x (clipeata x eymae), this latest pitcher is just very unexciting, it is small, the lid barely opened up much at all, and the markings are just sort of "meh". Not to mention the characteristic waist is less pronounced. I'm sure in a lowland/intermediate environment this pitcher would have been much larger and more impressive.

DSCN7454.jpg

This is a classic example of why you should feed your Heliamphora. After putting diluted fertilizer in the pitchers, it threw out this one. Much larger! I am glad to see this plant finally doing something. H. pulchella

DSCN7455.jpg

For some reason the peristome on this latest N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana is just great. It kind of reminds of me N. x sabre 'dark cherry'

DSCN7456.jpg

DSCN7457.jpg

Looking very nice. I like the hamata and campanulata hybrids.

Nice plants! Those hamata hybrids are amazing!

Meh, I don't like any besides all of them. :suspect:

Insane burbeddie peristome!!! It almost looks like an Elizabethan ruffle collar.

Hear hear... that burb x eddie is fantastic. Can't wait until mine starts looking like that...in a few years... :0o:

Jeebus... Incredible plants... That burbeddie is awesomesauce.

Madness
Madness
MADNESS!

Thanks for the kind words, all. You know it makes my world go round.

Here's two new-comers to the terrarium. Both of them are so much larger than I was expecting. I was really expecting very small seedlings. These are large seedlings.

I am really particularly excited about this one: N. robcantleyi "Queen of Hearts" x maxima

Really dark mottled pitchers, even at this size.

DSCN7461.jpg

And already very nice colorful leaves.

DSCN7462.jpg

N. talangensis x hamata, should be quite interesting. Can't wait for this to open.

DSCN7463.jpg

I was shocked by the size of this one, also intrigued by the unusually large internode spacing at such a small size.

DSCN7464.jpg

Cousins.

DSCN7465.jpg

Nice acquisitions Dex! I cant wait to see the rob x maxima get bigger.

Ooooh, talangensis x hamata, can't wait for that to mature :)

I'm jealous of your burb x Eddie...

rob x max shoudl be a very interesting cross, both have good colors and peristomes...

Back