What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
I figure I might as well just create an all encompassing Nepenthes pic thread for myself, I'll update it accordingly.

First... Here's my N. bicalcarata. It was very grumpy for roughly 6-7 months because I wasn't keeping humidity and night time temps high enough. So it's just finally making the first pitcher since then. And since I hadn't fixed the conditions until it was already half way through making it's pitcher it is very small and has little lid syndrome... Amongst other things..... It still looks kind of cute. But it's not as impressive as a plant this old can do
DSCN5535.jpg

And here's the whole plant. Since conditions are fixed those next two pitchers should be beastly. :D Yikes! As soon as it gets done making this next leaf it literally will be as large as my terrarium. What to do.... what to do....
DSCN5534.jpg

Here's my N. spectabilis x talangensis, getting big. But it stopped inflating its tendrils as soon as the L/L conditions were solidified. SHOOT.
DSCN5538.jpg

Beautiful pitchers though.
DSCN5536.jpg

DSCN5537.jpg

Annnd my N. spectabilis x aristolochioides is just starting to chug along. Not very impressive but it's got cute pitchers. :)
DSCN5539.jpg

The most adorable little pitcher I have ever seen, it's about 1 cm big
DSCN5541.jpg

DSCN5542.jpg

DUH DUH DUH! And last but certainly not least!!!! My N. ventricosa from flytrapshop.com making it's second ever pitcher for me, and its first UPPER PITCHER!!!
DSCN5543.jpg

LOL, what a sad plant. Mites and it hating me = what you see here.
DSCN5544.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Obligatory, "N. jacquelineae inflating its first pitcher for me" photos.
DSCN5646.jpg

Capable of eating rats.
DSCN5645.jpg

DSCN5640.jpg

Great shots.
The "capable of eating rats" line was too cute! :lol:

Very beautiful! Hope they continue to grow that good!

Great job! They are looking very healthy. :)

Thank you for the kind words guys. :)

Today I received a new addition to the family. Nepenthes ventricosa x glandulifera

I am extremely pleased with the size of the plant, the quantity of pitchers, the vigorous look it has, and the fantastic amount of time it took for me to receive it. Here it is moments after being potted up.

DSCN5647.jpg

Of course the ventricosaness of it has reduced the hairiness of N. glandulifera, but it still has some pretty decent pubes.

DSCN5650.jpg

And there seems to be no lack of the ubiquitous glands for which its parent is named.

DSCN5649.jpg

Here's the largest pitcher on the plant, nearly double the size of the last. It appears that the shnazziness of N. glandulifera has been dumbed down very little, and it looks like a very vigorous N. ventricosa. Seems to have the best of both worlds! I look forward to growing this seed grown beauty. :)

DSCN5648.jpg

I received two new comers to the terrarium today! Two seed-grown specimen of a species I have long wanted: Nepenthes glabrata
DSCN5657.jpg

They spent longer than I would have liked in the mail but they seem to be mostly ok.

DSCN5658.jpg

And here's the latest pitcher from my oldest plant... maybe the last I will get to photograph before she leaves... Still it is growing surprisingly well in highland conditions??

DSCN5666.jpg

Nice, and yeah that pitcher does look healthy, no blemishes.

gee...maybe i should try my hand at a N. bicalcarata again :|
i had a good sized N. bicalcarata Red, but i had to sell it because of size limitations <_<

I love that N. spectabilis x talangensis !

Thanks Devon! I really enjoy the plant, it still hasn't pitchered since these pictures.... :\

gee...maybe i should try my hand at a N. bicalcarata again :|
i had a good sized N. bicalcarata Red, but i had to sell it because of size limitations <_<

Well it's not like they have gotten any smaller since then... :p but I'm guessing your set up has gotten larger.

This plant wont dig highland conditions for very long, and grows very slowly in such conditions. But I've found that the biggest issue for bical growth is humidity, it absolutely must be soggy inside. Then of course after that, it must be 85 degrees during the day and 70 at night....

Still N. bicalcarata aren't really that hard to find these days...

We had a sunny day here, the first in many weeks. So you all know what that means in the carnivorous plant world...

PICTURES!

First here's the continuation of obligatory "N. jacquelineae making its first pitcher" segment.

DSCN5668.jpg

DSCN5669.jpg

N. spectabilis x talangensis - still not pitchering but getting tall

DSCN5696.jpg

It refuses to pitcher, but that's ok because its pitchers refuse to die! Nice color

DSCN5695.jpg

N. spectabilis x aristolochioides newest pitcher.... really unimpressive. I'm starting to wonder what I'm not doing right for this plant???

DSCN5700.jpg

But I really love this plant, didn't stop growing for a second since I received it. The pitcher it was inflating has opened (on the left) and the tendril it had is inflating (on the right) and the leaf it had curled is big and fatty.

DSCN5699.jpg

And the seed grown N. glabrata are showing signs of growth and acclimation.

DSCN5697.jpg

My heat packs just came in the mail, so this will be the last sunny pictures I get to take of my most beloved Nepenthes of all...

DSCN5691.jpg

DSCN5689.jpg

DSCN5687.jpg

DSCN5685.jpg

DSCN5686.jpg

fantastic plants man. Is that the new giant red N. bicalcarata whcih recently was available from BE?

Thanks!

But No it's like going on four years old I bought it from Petey D'amato way back when. It was labeled Brunei orange/red.

That last shot of your N. bicalcarata is just....breathtaking.
I'm sure it'll do wonderful in it's new home!
And everything else is looking great!! :-D

Thank you so much. :)

When she leaves I wont have anything to take awesome pictures of! At least for a while...

N. jacquelineae = :love:

Very nice - she's a temperamental lady :awesome:

Thanks Thez... That's what everyone has been saying is that she is hard to please, but she must be really crazy about me because she hasn't skipped a beat!

But it might be a few more days before I start seeing uppers...

LOL, the N. jacquelineae is adorable. Awesome plants.

Another new arrival to the family! Doesn't look like much right now, but I had some requests to see it so the genetics could be verified. I ordered it as pure N. burbidgeae, but when I received it the tag said N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana. After contacting the seller, they said that it was indeed N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana. So for $8.50 I now own N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana, a plant I have always wanted. (unless that is, you guys see some morphology which suggests that it is pure N burbidgeae, in which case, I don't mind. That's what I ordered. :)

DSCN5716.jpg

DSCN5717.jpg

Back