Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexenthes' Nepenthes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dexenthes' Nepenthes

I figure I might as well just create an all encompassing Nepenthes pic thread for myself, I'll update it accordingly.

First... Here's my N. bicalcarata. It was very grumpy for roughly 6-7 months because I wasn't keeping humidity and night time temps high enough. So it's just finally making the first pitcher since then. And since I hadn't fixed the conditions until it was already half way through making it's pitcher it is very small and has little lid syndrome... Amongst other things..... It still looks kind of cute. But it's not as impressive as a plant this old can do

And here's the whole plant. Since conditions are fixed those next two pitchers should be beastly. Yikes! As soon as it gets done making this next leaf it literally will be as large as my terrarium. What to do.... what to do....

Here's my N. spectabilis x talangensis, getting big. But it stopped inflating its tendrils as soon as the L/L conditions were solidified. SHOOT.

Beautiful pitchers though.

Annnd my N. spectabilis x aristolochioides is just starting to chug along. Not very impressive but it's got cute pitchers.

The most adorable little pitcher I have ever seen, it's about 1 cm big

DUH DUH DUH! And last but certainly not least!!!! My N. ventricosa from flytrapshop.com making it's second ever pitcher for me, and its first UPPER PITCHER!!!

LOL, what a sad plant. Mites and it hating me = what you see here.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-28-2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment - plant names are binomial
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obligatory, "N. jacquelineae inflating its first pitcher for me" photos.

Capable of eating rats.

Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-28-2011 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great shots.
    The "capable of eating rats" line was too cute!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very beautiful! Hope they continue to grow that good!

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job! They are looking very healthy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the kind words guys.

Today I received a new addition to the family. Nepenthes ventricosa x glandulifera

I am extremely pleased with the size of the plant, the quantity of pitchers, the vigorous look it has, and the fantastic amount of time it took for me to receive it. Here it is moments after being potted up.

Of course the ventricosaness of it has reduced the hairiness of N. glandulifera, but it still has some pretty decent pubes.

And there seems to be no lack of the ubiquitous glands for which its parent is named.

Here's the largest pitcher on the plant, nearly double the size of the last. It appears that the shnazziness of N. glandulifera has been dumbed down very little, and it looks like a very vigorous N. ventricosa. Seems to have the best of both worlds! I look forward to growing this seed grown beauty.

Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-28-2011 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received two new comers to the terrarium today! Two seed-grown specimen of a species I have long wanted: Nepenthes glabrata

They spent longer than I would have liked in the mail but they seem to be mostly ok.

And here's the latest pitcher from my oldest plant... maybe the last I will get to photograph before she leaves... Still it is growing surprisingly well in highland conditions??

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, and yeah that pitcher does look healthy, no blemishes.

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast