What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please ID this nep created by Sam Estes

Hi, dear all,

I got a nep from a trader as a bonus. It is a hybrid created by Sam Estes. But the trader seems not to know its name. Could anybody help me ID it? Or, at least, tell me which neps in it? To me, seems the N. albomarginata in it, because a band appears just beneath the rim of the pitcher. But I am not good at ID neps :-( Hope you help me. Thank you.

Here are pics:

Sam1.jpg

Sam2.jpg

Sam3.jpg

Sam4.jpg

Sam5.jpg

Looks like it has Albomarginata in it definitely cause of the somewhat white band around the rim. Not fully sure what hybrid it is though.

Last edited:
Ah....an Estes mutt....not gonna be easy to identify, but you are right about it having albo in it.

looks like alata is in it as well albo x alata? but the leaves are stange for both of those plants
hmm

just had to post...

the leaves look alot like sanguinea. could be an albomarginata and sanguinea hybrid.

Alex

Good luck! Definitely albo, I'd say that one parent is full albo, while the other could be one of as others have mentioned, Sanguinea, alata, or perhaps, I'd even venture to say some ventricosa in there? The leaves look slightly ventricosa to me.

Back