What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few pics

I had to take out some plants from a tank I was cleaning, and thought I would take some pics.

These are pictures of N. x dwarf peacock and N. rafflesiana.

DSC02921.jpg

DSC02922.jpg

DSC02923.jpg

DSC02931.jpg

Oooh very nice and colorful :p

Killer Raff! And that 'Dwarf Peacock' is a cutie!! :-O

Lookin great Glen; I love the x Dwarf Peacock!
Thanks for sharing.

Wish I could get my Raff looking like that... do you have any pictures of the full plant?

Great raff..thanks for posting it!

Thanks for the comments. I love the dwarf peacock, too. The pitchers don't get very big, but they're colorful and it always makes a lot of them with very little effort on my part. This plant has been growing in an enclosure under 6500k HO fluorescent lights. I do feed it canned crickets sometimes.

The N. rafflesiana pitchers in the photos are the same clone but not the same plant, and they are growing in very different conditions. In lieu of more pics, I'll give you some "stats." The original was labeled, "giant form," and the pitchers do get bigger sooner than a "typical" clone I have. The ones with the dwarf peacock are growing out in the open on a table. That plant is very big, about 2 feet tall with a 40" leaf spread. The one in the last picture is is growing in a very humid lowland enclosure and is about half the size of the other. It began as a cutting from the other one. Pitcher size on both plants is similar. As far as I can see, raffs seem to be very adaptable as far as temperature and humidity, but there is a wide difference in form, and it does matter what clone you start with. In any case, typicals will get big enough pitchers on large plants if they are happy.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

I found a picture that shows one of the raffs. That's it climbing up the wall in the back beside the mirror in the corner.

DSC02824_2.jpg

Back