Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: right pot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok thanks exo and i wasn't trying to be rude :LOL: !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just putting my 2 cents in here, but I thought it wasn't good to use terra cotta pots on Neps / Something to do with the clay & minerals & what not???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eou812 View Post
    i am plating both plants in one part peat moss one part perlite and one part LFS. and it was in a 3 inch pot so everyone should have figured that out now.
    I don't see a lot of point to only going one inch bigger. If it's growing well you might as well go a few inches so you don't have to constantly repot it. But that's just my recommendation. You should have a few sizes available so when you pull it out you can pot based on how large/long the roots have gotten. Sometimes you can't tell until you unpot, so it's better to be prepared. If the roots are already reaching the 3inch pot you'll definitely want to go up more than 1 inch larger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DETHCHEEZ View Post
    Just putting my 2 cents in here, but I thought it wasn't good to use terra cotta pots on Neps / Something to do with the clay & minerals & what not
    I've heard that too.. but after seeing Brokken's amazing collection I've tossed that theory right out the window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DETHCHEEZ View Post
    Just putting my 2 cents in here, but I thought it wasn't good to use terra cotta pots on Neps / Something to do with the clay & minerals & what not
    Regarding the terra cotta, it shouldn't be an issue. Minerals tend to accumulate on the clay if you use fertilizer, and mold sometimes can grow on it too, but it really depends on your culture. Someone who uses distilled or RO and has decent ventilation should never have an issue w/terracotta, unless you fertilize often and don't flush the pot out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by massmorels View Post
    I've heard that too.. but after seeing Brokken's amazing collection I've tossed that theory right out the window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taargus View Post
    Regarding the terra cotta, it shouldn't be an issue. Minerals tend to accumulate on the clay if you use fertilizer, and mold sometimes can grow on it too, but it really depends on your culture. Someone who uses distilled or RO and has decent ventilation should never have an issue w/terracotta, unless you fertilize often and don't flush the pot out.
    Just thought I read that somewhere...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @deth: yeah, i believe that's what the Savage Garden says.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terracotta has a tendency to dry out faster then say plastic. So if you use an open mix you might have to water more often. I use terracotta with great results. I have a very open mix that I water often.
    Grow List: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=116427
    Member of BACPS & ICPS

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12