User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Basal Separation--Did I do this right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed the leaves looked a little warped today and the lids on the pitchers had drooped. Is that normal?

Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions! I don't have any rooting hormone or I'd use it--I'll have to remember to get some for future cuttings.

Dex: If this is a race, then I'd say the runner-up prize is still pretty darn awesome. I love this hybrid!

Mass: Don't worry--you've got more plants than I can count to keep you company in its stead. Plus, really, this is probably my fastest growing plant. I wouldn't be surprised if I had more basals/cuttings to trade in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm waiting till it gets larger, then trying to cut a basal of my Ventricosa.
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...row-Trade-List
    Collection: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Deadly-Plantsn
    Quote Originally Posted by lizasaur
    Minor x Purp I actually have. Well,technically it's Minor Okee x Psitt Green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds normal to me. I cut all the pitchers off, and will cut really long leaves in half if there are any. It helps keep the stress on the plant to a minimum.

I too use the bag method. I use a one gallon freezer bag. I'll have a wrap of damp LFS tied to the cut end.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven01000 View Post
    I noticed the leaves looked a little warped today and the lids on the pitchers had drooped. Is that normal?

Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions! I don't have any rooting hormone or I'd use it--I'll have to remember to get some for future cuttings.

Dex: If this is a race, then I'd say the runner-up prize is still pretty darn awesome. I love this hybrid!

Mass: Don't worry--you've got more plants than I can count to keep you company in its stead. Plus, really, this is probably my fastest growing plant. I wouldn't be surprised if I had more basals/cuttings to trade in the future.
    Grow List: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=116427
    Member of BACPS & ICPS

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven01000 View Post

Yes and no. Some cuttings will not change in appearance when you take them. They will just stop growing for a while before they start growing and producing roots. Others will get all sad looking like you described. When this happens I usually do as Frilleon mentions and cut off pitchers and the larger leaves in half. The bagging method is up to you. I personally dont use the method if the cuttings comes from a plant thats used to low humidity. Sometimes i'll even spray the plants with water at night so they can feel a bit of a humidity increase at night. Just to make myself feel better, never actually experimented to see if it makes a difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12