What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show me your N. hamata!

thez_yo

instigator
I do mean Nepenthes, but if you've got a different genus with the species name N. hamata that's awesome too :p

Here's some older pics of mine because I'm away from home right now:
SG BE N. hamata pitcher when I first got it (it's finally working on pitchers again now that it's acclimated, but nothing open yet)
P7230061.jpg

TC BE when I first got it
P7160005.jpg

my smallest AW clone, don't know the number of it because I bought it off some forum
P9090013.jpg

PB200096.jpg

TC BE pitcher now that's acclimated - when it first opened
PA290013-1.jpg

...and darkened peristome:
PB160029.jpg

that red hairy one I just got in...I hope it makes beastly pitchers soon :drool:
PC300033.jpg

my biggest N. hamata (still smaller than most people's...I'm a newb)
PB050003.jpg

here's the biggest one in the back, the BE SG and TC ones in the middle sized pots, and a small AW that I got a year ago in the front (hmm...might be time to repot that guy...)
PB050001.jpg

..and an unlabeled AW clone/tree/TC-mutant I just got in
PC100011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
H-uncropped.jpg

Nhamata_12-17-10.jpg

BE seedgrown....from the first batch several years back.

Nice plants thez! You've got a bit of a variety there. I hope one of them turns out to be female and you can breed them together and make N. hamata cultivars!

Here's mine though, N. hamata "big and scary" bigger and badder than any N. hamata I've ever seen anywhere including CP photofinder...

DSCN5725.jpg

DSCN5726.jpg

No but really I believe it is a AW clone 3

All your N. hamata are wonderful. In last year I got N. hamata twice but one was dead by my roommate's mistake and another one was traded out. Still eager to getting one.

That's quite a congregation of N. hamata you have there. And a seed grown N. hamata? I must say I am jealous.

But this little guy will satisfy my N. hamata needs for the time being:
(It's a Wistuba clone, but it arrived unmarked, so I'm not sure which one.)
167157_488016771774_654101774_6150488_7576976_n.jpg

168618_488016661774_654101774_6150487_541970_n.jpg

thez - that is quite the collection of N. hamata plants. One can never get tired of looking at pictures of N. hamata, that's for sure. As great as the mature plants look, there is something especially grand about immature N. hamata plants with the distinctive characteristics.

Thanks for sharing, everyone.

xvart.

Nice plants. I've tried 2 N. hamata, both very tiny plants out of TC and neither ever did very much. They weren't dying but they weren't exactly thriving either. The pitchers never got bigger than the tip of a pencil.

Heres mine in a 4 inch pot. Got it about a year and half ago. It was only 1.5 inches back then.
CIMG3566.jpg

Very jealous of all your N. hamata! They look great, I'm hoping I can get my hands on one here in the spring.

Love the pics, everyone! N. hamata is definitely first on my list of "to-grows"
if I only had more room, or money ;)...

Nice and thanks! :drool: I just love the spots and the teeth!

Dex, love the red sphag too :love:

Nice and thanks! :drool: I just love the spots and the teeth!

Dex, love the red sphag too :love:

Thanks! Me too. :p If you ever need any... maybe we could trade!

Thanks! Me too. :p If you ever need any... maybe we could trade!
I can see the trade >> several sprigs of red LFS for one Red N. hamata .... :-O

I think most have already seen my N. hamata progression thread (with recent toothy update) - but there was one new slightly larger pitcher with some nice big, black teeth - so I figured I'd try .... more teeth .... :jester:

Teeth1FRS.jpg

Teeth2RS.jpg

Teeth1RS-1.jpg

Most stunning Ron, very well grown to say the least, then again none of us expected anything less... :hail:

I can see the trade >> several sprigs of red LFS for one Red N. hamata .... :-O

It's only fair!!! :D

Seriously though, I cannot wait until my hamata pretends to have dreamed about learning to become half as toothy and awesome as yours!

OMG! My jaw is falling down to the floor! :0o::0o:That hamata of yours RL7836 is amazing!!! Woooow!! I can't wait for mine to grow like that!

Amazing plants guys. Man! I can't wait for my hamata to start making pitchers again. Its finally growing after 8-9 months of sulking.

Back