What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After being overseas for 3 week I came home to some pleasant surprises. Since the Sarrs are all dormant Neps will have to do for now :)

The N. lowii x campanulata is finally throwing some beautiful pitchers and seems to have a very toothy peristome:
IMG_0599.JPG

IMG_0600.JPG

I had thought that the N. gracilis var. nigrapurpurea had maxed out it's pitcher size but I was wrong. These are not huge by any means but they are a bit larger than the previous pitchers:
IMG_0613.JPG

A N. (ventricosa xX Tiveyi) x truncata hybrid putting on some size and color:
IMG_0609.JPG

A lowland N. veitchii showing some first signs of striped peristome:
IMG_0612.JPG

This huge basal came unexpected from a great friend a little while back and is looking fantastic, one of my favorites: N. ventricosa x truncata
IMG_0602.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

And lastly a rather peculiar leaf/leaves emerging from the growth point or N. (X splendiana x X Mixta) :
IMG_0605.JPG

One side of the growth point:
IMG_0606.JPG

The other side of the growth point:
IMG_0607.JPG

I attempted to peel back the future leaves but was not able to tell whether or not this is 2 leaves emerging from 1 growth point of if it's 1 leaf mutation. Regardless I've never seen this on any Nepenthes before and figured it was worth sharing! Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Nice plants! I love that deep coloration on the nigrapurpurea! That would be a terrific plant to make crosses with.

siamese Nepenthes!!!

They are gorgeous!! Loved that weird leaf!

Lookin Great Yann! Thanks for sharing.

Nice
But you're making me jealous

Just finally got my 1st pitcher on my N. lowii x campanulata

From the pics I've seen on CP Photo Finder they look cool when they get big
&
Very nice looking N. (ventricosa x tiveyi) x truncata
Can't wait from mine to do something / anything / LOL
Looks like it's going to be a nice cross

DC

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all for the kind words:

@DEX: If only it would just stop growing and flower already...

@DETCHEEZ: The N. (ventricosa x tiveyi) x truncata (at least mine) has a rather large lid for the size of the pitchers. I'm not too fond of the dark peristome (makes it look too much a like a N. maxima) but maybe once it reaches maturity the pitchers will be more distinguished. As for the N. lowii x campanulata I'm very happy to see it do it's thing! Can't wait for those mature pitchers on it.

Last edited:
Has it contributed to some awesome crosses yet? I love that color.

I like the N. lowii x campanulata, I've been wanting to get one myself for the terrarium because of the campanulata in it, which should help it stay compact. Yours looks pretty good!

After a little more development it seems that there is indeed 2 leaves emerging but oddly enough they are fused at only one point, the lids of each pitcher. This should be quite interesting to watch develop as the pitchers inflate. Peeking in a little bit the new growth point is present and as expected seems typical in terms of morphology at the moment.
IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

IMG_0619.JPG

man they are going to look so dif. Keep us posted i cant wait to see the end result

Man, you've got some seriously gorgeous neps going on!
Excellent growing, Yann :hail:
Thanks for sharing!

looks likle a flower stalk with no flowers on it... lol

The pitchers separated like a wish bone. Looks like the first pitcher will just have a crooked lid once it inflates.

IMG_0626.JPG

IMG_0627.JPG

This one is for you Detcheez, it's from the N. (ventricosa x X Tiveyi) x truncata , just opened up a couple days ago.
IMG_0628.JPG

Now that N. (ventricosa x Tiveyi) x truncata pitcher is a good looking pitcher.

xvart.

Now that N. (ventricosa x Tiveyi) x truncata pitcher is a good looking pitcher.

xvart.

Thanks, I'm hoping once it matures that it starts putting out some N. truncata size pitchers with N. X 'Tiveyi' peristomes. Definitely glad I picked this puppy up when I had the chance.

I'm not too sure how I missed this for so long but the double leaves have happened on this plant before. I must not have not been paying attention or these leaves occurred while I was away during break. Both shots below show the re-occurring sets... Place your bets as to what the next lea/f/ves will look like.
IMG_0701.JPG

IMG_0703.JPG

The pitchers from the first set of coupled leaves seem to be developing like any normal leaf/pitcher. The one pictured on the right seems to be a little smaller than it's twin however. With this slight decrease in pitcher size, I am curious whether or not the energy requirements to double everything drain the plant. Assuming of course that 1) the mutation is permanent (doubtful) and 2) the plant is not beginning to basal and/or flower.

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0707.JPG

Back