Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes jacquelineae, lets see yours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nepenthes jacquelineae, lets see yours

My N. jacquelineae is getting some really nice size to it, and just opened this trap the other day...
    Its traps turn deep red with a dark red to black peristome depending on the lighting the plant is getting, this trap will likely get very dark red over the next week or so, but is FINALLY showing a nice peristome, seeing as the plant is pretty large, im surprised it took this long.... its also produced its first basal for me as well.

lets see your guys' plants, N. jacquelineae is a gorgeous species, cant get enough of it.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-31-2011 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment - plant names are binomial

Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hurray for my favourite nep! If only mine took off...

SK- Great job you're doing there, it's looking fantastic. Keep us updated on the colour.
    -Carnivoure12
    →Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the last pitcher mine made...it's currently working on three more.

Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys have beautiful plants! I'm only posting mine because you asked. It is currently my least impressive Nepenthes and so far as refused to make a pitcher of any notable size. It also refuses to feel "sturdy".

LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dex - ive noticed this plant really likes to be over potted, i dont know if its this particular clone that i have or what.... but when i got it and it was in bad shape, it was just like a down hill fight...
    gave it a bigger pot and suddenly things started to improve, gave it a few doses of coffee and suddenly its a beast.... mine has quite the serious root system, and seems to really make its best pitchers when they are resting in a bed of sphagnum moss, or something else that raises up the RH...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks for the tip. Strangely enough the one tendril that rested in moss was the smallest, it might have been from a small mite outbreak that was on the plant though... I will definitely think about repotting it and resituating it as soon as I can. The plant felt so flimsy that I just assumed that it didn't have much of a root system.

I'll have to start babying it more!
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jacq also takes awhile to settle in, but once it starts to take off, it really takes off and becomes a very fast grower...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    jacq also takes awhile to settle in, but once it starts to take off, it really takes off and becomes a very fast grower...
    Well that's what has puzzled me is that I have had it and spectabilis x aristolochioides for many many months now. Far long enough to be settled in. Just both those plants seem to have flimsy stems, and very small pitchers, and a lack of vigor... . They both coincidentally came from a certain east coast nursery that many people don't like...

I'll take your tips soon though, and see if I can't have some more impressive updates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast