What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes 'Peter D'Amato' update pics

uphwiz

jimmy
its been slow acclimating but is now producing two new basals both of which are starting to produce pitchers, and the main vine is also producing its first pitcher for me and it looks like another is starting to inflate:-D

Basal growths
IMG_4049.jpg
IMG_4047.jpg
main stem pitcher.
IMG_4050.jpg
IMG_4057.jpg

Ooooh, congrats! It's looking great, like all your plants! :-D

:0o: WOW! :drool:

I really really really hope my cuttings take and sprout...

Looking great. One of the better hybrids, imo.

Looking great! Keep me in mind if you ever need to prune off a basal :)

If you don't mind me asking - what's your potting mix? It looks like bark and perlite?

Lookin good there Jimmy!

fir bark chips, dead LFS, some charcoal chips and some large perlite pieces , basically the same as i grow my orchids in except for the dry LFS, I also always wrap the roots in some live sphag when I first pot them on arrival, not sure if it makes a difference, but i usually have pretty good luck acclimating most neps. i have heard the live sphag does tend to grow aroung the roots and can cause problems but so far i haven't experienced this.

Wow, nice!

looks good Jimmy! glad its growing well for you!

Alex

still hasn't opened but is starting to colorup nicely , I believe this pitcher is going to be a bit more red than the one produced outside in sunlight, that was of some controversy, as to whether or not this is actually N. peter d'amato . I think glider mentioned that this Nep. did color more on the red side in the artificial lights than in sunlight, looks like he is right.
IMG_4068.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

here is the pitchers that were produced in sunlight . on the same plant
IMG_2841.jpg

ok here is the pitcher fully colored and mature , there is another pitcher developing and it is also going to be very red in color. can twait to put it out this summer tos ee if the pitchers go back to the greener version that came on the nep, when i got it .
IMG_4116.jpg

very nice plant!
I see a new "want" added to my list now.

Congrats! Those pitchers are absolutely amazing. :)

Awesome Jimmy, I like the red / artificial light colored up pitchers best!

Beaftiful color!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Back