Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes edwardsiana cultivators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as it's not the level of N. villosa/N. lamii I should be fine. Those frost lovers are too hard to please long term.

N. aristolochioides only pouted for me in summer (slowing down growth no new pitchers) when I couldn't get the nights below 60 and the days were consistently 80-85*F. I've got a new more powerful AC now and will try the dart frog keepers trick of running the lights at night and off during the day on those warmest summer months.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-10-2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep mine in a mix of LFS and charcoal with a little perlite. I keep mine on the north side of my greenhouse with temps around 75-79F in the day and 55F at night. Humidity never drops below 70%.

Here is a quick photo,

Thanks
    -Jeremiah-

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's that groundcover it's growing with, Jeremiah? Almost looks like corsican mint.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah Harris View Post
    I keep mine in a mix of LFS and charcoal with a little perlite. I keep mine on the north side of my greenhouse with temps around 75-79F in the day and 55F at night. Humidity never drops below 70%.

Here is a quick photo,

Thanks
    -Jeremiah-
    That is breathtaking.....you are a Nepethes god to be sure.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-10-2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ground cover is english baby's tears (Soleirolia soleirolii), it does not grow in the pots just on the floor of the GH in the pea gravel. I just grab a hand full when I take photos if I don't like the pot.

See ya,
    -Jeremiah-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jeremiah - that's one nifty looking N. edwardsiana! How big in diameter is it? Is that one of the seed grown ones from a few years ago or one of the Wistuba clones?

I have something in my Geosesarma sp. crab tank that was sold at a local greenhouse as "English Baby's Tears" but it's way bigger with about fingernail sized leaves...
    Last edited by swords; 02-11-2011 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment - AFTER Joseph... you're slipping! LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DANG! That's one sweet eddy! I don't own one yet but I do have some macros and hamatas that are happily growing under a T5 bulb in a terrarium surrounded by live sphagnum moss (keeps the humidity high). The terrarium is next to a large window that receives bright, indirect light most of the day. In the summer it will receive some direct sun after 3pm. The window is almost always cracked so the terrarium cools down at night. I'd assume an eddy would be happy with these conditions as well. In the mean time I'm gonna keep holding out for a seed-grown one...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is a pretty old school thread.. but I found it while wandering around google, so thought it would be a good time to bump it.
    Considering how many people are now growing edwardsiana and all..

I repotted my SG plant into a mix of LFS, orchid bark, perlite, and charcoal (with live LFS topper) the day it arrived. I grew it in with the HL's under 8 T5HO's, mid 70*s during the day, 60*F at night with 75%-85% constant humidity. During the 4-5 weeks it was in there, it didn't really move a whole lot. Figured it was probably just stalled a little due to the repot.
    During week 5, I was reading about how it's more of an intermediate than anything. So.. I decided to move it into my intermediate chamber. It's now growing under 1 ~ 400w HPS bulb with 12 hours of light. Temps max out at 82*F during the day, and never dip below the low 70*s at night. Humidity is always in the mid 90% range. And I must say, the plant has grown more in the past week than it has the entire time in my care. After reading JH's care tips, I wanted to move it back in with the HL's. But decided against it after seeing how well it's doing (and how fast it's growing) in with the intermediates.
    However, part of me feels it may be more due to the better quality of light than the actual temps.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast