What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes edwardsiana cultivators

The newest pitcher popped a bit early when moved to the intermediate area.

Here's the eddie's neighbor.. BE hamata from Luca.

Ohhh, very nice, and that hamata is exceptional!

im really debating over whether I should repot mine or not.

im really debating over whether I should repot mine or not.

mine stalled for a couple weeks after doing so.. but didn't decline any. And as you can see, it's back in action.

Im not sure whether I should do it now because its transitioning conditions into my new setup.

Im not sure whether I should do it now because its transitioning conditions into my new setup.

Best to not change too many things at once.

A quick iPhone photo.
ca2a64bd-abd6-457d-94c6-e0ddc703e56f.jpg

-Jeremiah-

GOODGRAVY MAN!! wha? How old is this plant?

I believe I have been growing it since 2007 but it was a few inches across when I got it.

-Jeremiah-

It's looking great Jeremiah!

How big is that pitcher and how big in diameter is the plant?

My SG edwardsiana are both about 6" diameter now with 3" pitchers but the pitchers are still very juvenile looking by comparison with yours.

It's looking like 9in pitchers and the plant is about 17in across.

Thanks,
-Jeremiah-

Cool - Thanks much for the info! Enjoy that beauty!

man ill be 35 by the time my eddie is that big lol

Dang, Jerremiah, that eddy is insane!

Gorgeous plant JH. Give me something to look forward to in 5 years.
In the meantime, I've lowered the light intensity on mine. Newest leaf looks nice and waxy with no sign of burn..

The two plants I grow have proven quicker and easier than their prude, buck-toothed sisters. Even though temperatures have hardly been dropping below 60 at night, they continue to grow, with leaves that sometimes surpass the diameter of the entire plant. Considering how small they start out, one has to wonder if this is some kind of ":censor: you" to the rest of the genus... The Wistuba clone, which arrived smaller than a fingernail last year, is now roughly the same size as the seed-grown plant upon its arrival in April, while that individual's newest leaf is larger than its own diameter was preceding it. If I could figure out villosa in this regard, I'd be a happy man.

Wistuba clone

N. edwardsiana

From seed (how these plants were germinated 8 years ago makes no sense to me)

N. edwardsiana

mato do you know where the seed was supposed to of come from?8 years ago,sweet plant

mato do you know where the seed was supposed to of come from?8 years ago,sweet plant

The seed was said to have been collected from Gn. Tambuyukon.

yeah, that's what I was told as well.. Tambuyukon, Malaysia

well they are certainly making up for lost time,i think it was wireman said he was told the plant he bought was 10 years old,just can not get my pea like brain around the supposed age of these

Back