Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes edwardsiana cultivators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nepenthes edwardsiana cultivators

So I'm curious who all is growing this and how. What are your lighting, temps, humidity, air flow, soil mixes, etc.? I'm interested in all your direct experience with this species. I'm putting up my new HL chambers soon and I hope that eventually my number will come up this spring and I'll finally get my N. edwardsiana. I wanna be sure I have everything ready for that day.

Thanks for your input!
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-10-2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got one PM from a grower already so if you'd feel better PMing me your thoughts on this that's fine too. I realize it's a sensitive subject people don't always wanna announce willy-nilly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol omg u gttn a eddy? Trade??

No seriously, I wish I was much help and I am on the waiting list too, so any public knowledge would be great as well.

For some reason when I saw this thread I thought it said cultivars and I thought, " There's no way someone's grown a cultivar already of this plant!"
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    I got one PM from a grower already so if you'd feel better PMing me your thoughts on this that's fine too. I realize it's a sensitive subject people don't always wanna announce willy-nilly.
    Could you at least post what kind of temps and media this "secret agent" is keeping it in?.....otherwise this thread is pretty much useless.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @swords: if you can keep N. burbidgeae happy, there's a very good chance you can keep N. edwardsiana happy as well since both species are sympatric with one another. so you should test your setup with a N. burbigeae first before putting in the N. edwardsiana.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-10-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    @swords: if you can keep N. burbidgeae happy, there's a very good chance you can keep N. edwardsiana happy as well since both species are sympatric with one another. so you should test your setup with a N. burbigeae first before putting in the N. edwardsiana.
    I actually find that N. burbidgeae grows best as a borderline intermediate...it doesn't seem to care for night temps below 60F.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-10-2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you at least post what kind of temps and media this "secret agent" is keeping it in?.....otherwise this thread is pretty much useless.
    LOL Don't get mad at me if people don't wanna announce if they have one or not. I know how people can start bugging you if you have a plant they want. Been through that nonsense before.

The person said they grow theirs next to N. hamata and N. aristolochioides and that seems to be a good position. Their plant is nearing a year in their care and they showed pics of then and now. I had heard these TC plants were kinda weak so I was wondering what the survival rate is on people who have them.

And you guys better start piping up or Exo will be coming after ya!
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-10-2011 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    LOL Don't get mad at me if people don't wanna announce if they have one or not. I know how people can start bugging you if you have a plant they want. Been through that nonsense before.

The person said they grow theirs next to N. hamata and N. aristolochioides and that seems to be a good position. Their plant is nearing a year in their care and they showed pics of then and now. I had heard these TC plants were kinda weak so I was wondering what the survival rate is on people who have them.

And you guys better start piping up or Exo will be coming after ya!
    Yeah..I'm gonna get out my poking stick......

So more or less they grow like any of the hardcore HL neps eh?....so they must like it pretty cool I assume.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-10-2011 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast