What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My First Flower

I came home from school the other day to find a surprise for me in the basement. My N. truncata has given me my first ever flower.
CIMG1439.jpg

Any guesses on sex, time until its ready? Needless to say I'm real excited and hope to make some crosses.

Other plants...
CIMG1431.jpg

A new pitcher on my N. veitchii

CIMG1432.jpg

New pitcher on one of the N. splendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x veitchii]
CIMG1434.jpg

CIMG1435.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's a male. Any close ups?

Jeez omg :drool: was not expecting this awesomely epic a pics thread!! And omg the N. splendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x veitchii] is gorgeous!!!

I think Clue might be right. I'm not certain, but I think that female flowers are more oblong and pill-shaped before opening. The spherical buds should mean male. Congratulations. :)
~Joe

Thanks guys

I think it's a male. Any close ups?
I'd get some better pics but all I have is a point and shoot.

Jeez omg was not expecting this awesomely epic a pics thread!! And omg the N. splendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x veitchii] is gorgeous!!!
Thanks, they are about the only nice plants I have now. Now that I'm gone my parents are on vacation a lot more which means irregular watering. I swear my plants went a month without water once.

I think Clue might be right. I'm not certain, but I think that female flowers are more oblong and pill-shaped before opening. The spherical buds should mean male. Congratulations.
Thanks man, you have any idea when I should be able to collect pollen?

Collect when the pollen looks fuzzy then just take a brush of some sort and brush it into a container or paper etc etc..Thats what i do. I'm sur there are better ways. Looks great..Not something you see everyday

Wow, that's really awesome! I have yet for a nep to bloom for me.

Its definitely a Male. What form of N. truncata is yours? Mine is the L/L form and is Female. Would be nice to find another grower with a male L/L N. truncata.

Congrats on the flower!

Its definitely a Male. What form of N. truncata is yours? Mine is the L/L form and is Female. Would be nice to find another grower with a male L/L N. truncata.

Mine is the Pasian highland form. Or, at least thats what it came as.

Back