Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nepenthes peltata question

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by christerb View Post
    I don't know if Andreas might have this species in TC, but I know that Thomas Gronemeyer did supply him with a limited number of seed-raised plants to sell from his webshop late last year.

Regards,

Christer
    I get the feeling mine is seed grown. I had both N. peltata and N. hamiguitanensis sent to me late last year, but they died because they went into severe shock, which is a travesty considering I think both were seed grown from Thomas. I had a N. peltata resent and the one in my picture here is that resend. Still waiting for another N. hamiguitanensis because it's the love of my life... .

[Edit: Don't forget plant names have two parts, otherwise "peltata" could possibly be referring to: Nymphoides peltata, Lallemantia peltata, Darmera peltata, Drosera peltata, Saxifraga peltata, or Loasa peltata, among others sharing this same specific epithet. Keeping plant names, binomial, helps avoid possible confusion.]
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-24-2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment - N. peltata and N. hamiguitanensis, not peltata and hamiguitanensis

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really do just have to chime in and say that:

The fact that the topic of discussion in this thread (which is within the Nepenthes subforum) is explicitly lableled, "N. peltata question" would, to me, make any reference to "peltata" within said thread so obviously in reference to Nepenthes peltata that correcting the nomenclature by adding an "N" in front of the word seems absurdly and unnecessarily nit-picky.

Also, the hypocritical nature of your editing, Joseph, is entirely too blatant. You edit thez's post by saying, "N. peltata and N. hamiguitanensis, not peltata and hamiguitanensis", yet then go on to explain that there are other N. peltata it could be referring to, such as Nymphoides peltata, your very first example.

This in no way clarified the nomenclature for anyone reading this thread.

If you are going to incessantly correct nomenclature in every post, actually do it.

It's not N. peltata, it's Nepenthes peltata. Otherwise I could just as easily think that we were discussing expensive Yellow floatinghearts in the Nepenthes subforum of a forum that focuses primarily on discussing carnivorous plants.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thez_yo View Post
    I get the feeling mine is seed grown. I had both N. peltata and N. hamiguitanensis sent to me late last year, but they died because they went into severe shock, which is a travesty considering I think both were seed grown from Thomas. I had a N. peltata resent and the one in my picture here is that resend. Still waiting for another N. hamiguitanensis because it's the love of my life... .

[Edit: Don't forget plant names have two parts, otherwise "peltata" could possibly be referring to: Nymphoides peltata, Lallemantia peltata, Darmera peltata, Drosera peltata, Saxifraga peltata, or Loasa peltata, among others sharing this same specific epithet. Keeping plant names, binomial, helps avoid possible confusion.]
    OK, I guess I'll have to reign in my lazy-computer-programmer self

Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    I really do just have to chime in and say that:

The fact that the topic of discussion in this thread (which is within the Nepenthes subforum) is explicitly lableled, "N. peltata question" would, to me, make any reference to "peltata" within said thread so obviously in reference to Nepenthes peltata that correcting the nomenclature by adding an "N" in front of the word seems absurdly and unnecessarily nit-picky.

Also, the hypocritical nature of your editing, Joseph, is entirely too blatant. You edit thez's post by saying, "N. peltata and N. hamiguitanensis, not peltata and hamiguitanensis", yet then go on to explain that there are other N. peltata it could be referring to, such as Nymphoides peltata, your very first example.

This in no way clarified the nomenclature for anyone reading this thread.

If you are going to incessantly correct nomenclature in every post, actually do it.

It's not N. peltata, it's Nepenthes peltata. Otherwise I could just as easily think that we were discussing expensive Yellow floatinghearts in the Nepenthes subforum of a forum that focuses primarily on discussing carnivorous plants.
    So you're complaining that Joseph wrecks threads by posting in people's posts about nomenclature, by wrecking my thread with your post about nomenclature and *not* about Nepenthes peltata?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dexenthes,
    You can read my answer, here.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thez_yo View Post
    So you're complaining that Joseph wrecks threads by posting in people's posts about nomenclature, by wrecking my thread with your post about nomenclature and *not* about Nepenthes peltata?
    I am sorry Thez. I wrecked your thread.

I haven't grown this plant and I don't know anyone that does, so I shouldn't have even commented in this thread all I can do is provide you with a picture from photofinder that I am sure you have already seen.

LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    I am sorry Thez. I wrecked your thread.

I haven't grown this plant and I don't know anyone that does, so I shouldn't have even commented in this thread all I can do is provide you with a picture from photofinder that I am sure you have already seen.

Awww thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone currently grow the Borneo Exotics clone of N. Peltata? Has it been an easy/fast grower? Photos would be great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm growing. still small around 9 cm in diameter. received it around 6 weeks ago. so far it's pushed 2 new leaves with the first developing it's first pitcher. I would say it's a medium grower. not 100% sure if it's my conditions that are slowing it down but it's definitely seems happy. didn't really sulk I would say. its potted in coco husk perlite and sphagnum. day time temps up to around 28 Celsius and night time went down to 5 in the winter and now around 15. humidity around 80% during the day and 90% at night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12