What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes glabrata, what a cutie

A few pics of my Nepenthes glabrata...

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
DO WANT.

Good lookin' plant, I really like it.

DO WANT.

Good lookin' plant, I really like it.
Thanks :) I struggled to get conditions where this would pitcher but it seems to be happy for now.

Thats a very nice nep Mobile. Great pic taking too:)!

Wow nice, pitchers and everything!

I'm so sad mine didn't pitcher and I ended up having to give it away.

Is it seed grown? It looks much different then mine. Glad to see it is growing well. :)

Ahh....I'm gonna be getting one of these soon. :drool:

I need to take some pics of mine, it's pitchers look similar. pretty plant. Another tiny, mighty giant :D

Gorgeous species! I just got one of these, can't wait for it to arrive!

Is it seed grown? It looks much different then mine.
No, I don't think so. I believe that there is quite a lot of variation in pitcher markings/colouration in this species though.

Thanks :) I struggled to get conditions where this would pitcher but it seems to be happy for now.

I am expecting a Nepenthes glabrata soon.. I was wondering what your growing conditions were so I can get ideas on setting up it's new home?

I am expecting a Nepenthes glabrata soon.. I was wondering what your growing conditions were so I can get ideas on setting up it's new home?
I initially tried it on my growshelf in its as-delivered growing medium of fibrous peat, under daylight and cool white fluorescents, but the pitchers shrivelled and died. I then transferred it to my small terrarium, where it initailly did well and even produced some basals, but then just stopped pitchering and didn't look too healthy. My terrarium has a growing mix of perlite and live Sphagnum moss. I removed the largest basal from the terrarium, repotted it in a mix of cypress mulch, NZ dried Sphagnum moss and large chunks of burning peat and put it back on my growshelf in an open vase, where it has now started to pitcher again as you see in the picture. I give it a heavy misting, enough to wet the soil, most days.

Wild! Thanks for the tips. I commend you on your patience! Looks like it has hit its' stride now though. :)

Back