What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice for Nepenthes veitchii i got

Hey guys i just got a new Nepenthes veitchii...Not my first time growing it but i didn't succeed in growing it that well the last time....So i have questions. I know it needs a well draining media and likes to be dry out between watering...

Would it be okay if i spray the leaves 1-2 times a day so i can get higher humidity for it? Or would they dislike it?

Here it is now
DSC08640.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow that's a nice N.veitchii!

So when I grow mine, it still makes pitchers in abysmal humidity, so I don't think you have to spray it. I have mine potted in about 2 cocohusk : 1 lfs, and water once a week. It got house temps when I had everything inside, and now it gets outside in San Diego temps that I grow outside, and takes everything like a champ (I have that N. veitchii K seedgrown, and an H I had before too did equally as well).

All of my veitchii are growing extremely well now that I have them under 8 T5's.. It seems to grow and pitcher better with lots of light, rather than less light and more humidity. With the higher amount of light, the humidity is only about 60% during the day. And the upcoming pitchers don't seem to progress if they get wet. So I wouldn't mist if I were you.. Just my experience with the HL variations.

Back