What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes talk and symposium!

Hi Folks:

I'm pleased to announce two speaking events in Virginia by Francois Mey. The event was just posted on the ICPS Events link. The talk is titled "Exploring for rare plants (including insectivorous ones) in IndoChina, and the challenges of the politics" and is being hosted by The University of Mary Washington and Meadowview Biological Research Station.

The talk will be held:

Thursday, April 21, 6:15—7:15 P.M. at Lee Hall of the University of Mary Washington, Fredericksburg, VA (partially supported by CARC and the Dept. of Biological Science).

and

Saturday, April 23, 12:00 noon. Meadowview Biological Research Station, 8390 Fredericksburg Tnpk., Woodford, VA 22580 (RSVP required by 4/17).

We would like to turn the Saturday talk into a Nepenthes symposium. Let us know if you would like to speak or bring some plants for show. More information about the talk and Francois can be found on our web site at www.pitcherplant.org. I hope you can make one of the events.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan, Ph.D.
Director
Meadowview Biological
Research Station

I wish i could go would you happen to ever go anywhere around the Atlanta, Ga area?

Hi Eou:

Sorry, we're not in Georgia. Try to avoid big cities whenever possible.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan
Meadowview

Hi Folks:

We're looking forward to the talk by Francois on Indochinese Nepenthes and the symposium at Meadowview. Don't forget to let me know if you can attend. Details on our website (www.pitcherplant.org) and on the ICPS Events link.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan
Meadowview

Phil, I wish I could attend, but I'll be off on the trip to Mt. Roraima with Stewart during that time.

Do you guys still have your summer internship available?

E-mail sent, Phil!

I will definitely be enjoying Venezuela :D

-K

Yay UStream! Glad to see you got it working. :)
~Joe

I've ended up not being able to attend :(

Hopefully Francois can come to the West Coast some time... I'd book a room at Balboa Park for you guys if you'd give a talk :awesome:

Hi Folks:

I picked up Francois at the airport last night and we are very excited about his talks on Thursday at the University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, VA and at Meadowview on Saturday. Please let me know if you can attend either talk. The talk at Meadowview on Saturday will include a webinar, see http://www.pitcherplant.org/Newsletters/....tml#livestream, where you can ask questions electronically and see the lecture.

Francois has done some amazing research in Indo-China and you will see some remarkable habitat for Nepenthes and other rare plants.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan, Ph.D.
Director
Meadowview Biological
Research Station

Back