What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Slowing in Growth?

Vbkid

Getting There...
So just a quick question. So a Miranda cutting I received a few months ago has put out 3 new leaves since then, each bigger than the last. I tried acclimating it it lower humidity and have now completely removed any covering from it. However, the newest leaf its putting out is slow and not nearly as large as the previous leaves. I've also slightly adjusted watering to let it get just dry before I rewater since I know I was previously over watering.

Should I be concerned about the lagging of the current leaf? Sorry for no pictures, left my camera at school and am on break right now. All the previous leaves are a healthy green, and it's also inflating it's second pitcher.

I wouldn't worry as long as it's green. Has your cutting rooted yet?

It came as a rooted cutting luckily, so its been growing from the start!

How slowly were you acclimating it? If the step-downs were not slow enough, it could be going through some sort of shock. Additionally, what the the soil media? How old does it look?

Nepenthes x 'Miranda' is a very very hardy hybrid, though, and you shouldn't worry as long as it is producing pitchers and growing.

Hope this helps
CJ

It went from completely covered to uncovered in 3 weeks, perhaps a bit too fast? And the media is perlie/lfs, a pretty loose soil

Back