What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month contest April 2011

izumiae x trusmadiensis
izuxtm2.jpg

izuxtm3.jpg

izuxtm4.jpg

izuxtm.jpg

Hahaha, I love how the N. izumiae x trusmadiensis is sitting among a bunch of N. hamata!

ahh crap.. I'll be lucky to make the top 3. :hail:

Hahaha, I love how the N. izumiae x trusmadiensis is sitting among a bunch of N. hamata!

yeah, kind of a kick in the face for Mark. :lol:

Like a pack of lions cornering their much larger victim.

Hope you don't mind pygo.. but I loved your izumae x x TM pics so much I saved a couple for desktop material. I cleaned them up in photoshop a little though. I don't have a nice camera, so this is what I have to resort to for clarity. Thought I'd share a couple just for fun.. Let me know what you think.

Before

izuxtm4.jpg

and After

izuxtm5.jpg

Before

After

Last edited:
Yikes that izumae x trus is scary :) Great plant.....

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Well here is my N x miranda....

With its peristrome flared..
DSC08662.jpg

And about week later
DSC08665.jpg
\

Ken

Kent -

Your Miranda continues to be totally awesome.

WOW!!! That is most amazing :hail:

N. spectabilis x aristolochioides putting out some good sized traps.... here is the tubbiest
April2011010.jpg

April2011004.jpg

April2011003.jpg

April2011007.jpg

pitcher on the left
April2011009.jpg

So dark!! How long must I wait for pitchers like that. Seriously, that cross never gets old!

I've had this plant since sometime in 09 when it was very small, 2-3 inches in diameter... It is by far one of my most vigorous plants. It started making the bigger traps after I repotted it... If you go to cpphotofinder there are a number of my photos there of different ages from when I got it to more recent under photobucket album names sirkristoff, sirkristoff2, and possibly my rejectedsoul one(very old album LOL)

Here is an update for my Nepenthes x Kohala (N. kampotiana X maxima) X (N. fusca X veitchii)

Just took these pics a minute ago. Sorry about my image quality, I'm just using a cheap canon powershot.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was going to enter, but... never mind.

That izumiae x trusmadiensis is beautiful!

Last update.....

Nhamata01_4-27-11.jpg

Nhamata02_4-27-11.jpg

Wicked cool hamata!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Exo why aren't you hadning me the hamata? Exo give it to me. EXO!

Hey Exo awesome pitcher man! Are you growing that hamata outside?

I am pretty sure he isn't robthered he just puts them outside to get good pictures. but i grow mine outside.

Back