Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mid-April Pitchers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to post a sign and charge admission!

Stunning collection. Is that the truncata Paisan I sent you? It looks really happy there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could make a list of my favorites.. but everything would be on it. So, I LOVE IT ALL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice collection. Your plants are spectacular. I agree, hard to pick a fav.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in awe.....really, I like every single thing in those pics.....so amazing.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, what beautiful Nepenthes you have! I really like the deep red color of your spectabilis x talangensis and all the boschiana hybrids are just pure amazing.

Wow, thanks for sharing!
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All - thanks for your kind words! They really mean a lot coming for this group of experts. I really enjoy looking at everyone else's pictures, so I am glad floks seem to be enjoying this thread.

Ean - yes, a couple of the misc flowers toward the end are desert roses. They are really taking off after I moved them to the end of my driveway. Every time my wife sees blooms like this I get a lecture on how pretty the flowers are and how I need to get plants that flower in stead of all the "ugly" pitchers. She just doesn't get it....

Quote Originally Posted by eou812 View Post
    Cool plants! Isn't one of those a desert rose? I have a bonsai of one of those.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Glen - you are correct sir, I officially have it bad. However, there are a lot worse things to do with my time / money..... As for media, I primarily use a mix of peat, cinders, and orchid bark, but also use sand, LFS and perlite too. I started out using mostly peat (usually over 50%), but my mixes recently use a lot less peat (less than 35%) and more orchid bark and cinders. I usually use the sand, LFS and / or perlite more for rooting cuttings and HL plants. I wish I could give you a more exact answer, but I must admit I mix on the fly and no two batches comes out exactly the same.....

Quote Originally Posted by nepguy View Post
    It's official. You've got it bad. Nice plants, Keith. What are you using for medium these days?

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

Damon - I love to have visits, but don't know about the admission part... As for the truncata, yes, it is the one I got from you. It is doing very well; didn't even skip a beat....

Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post
    You need to post a sign and charge admission!

Stunning collection. Is that the truncata Paisan I sent you? It looks really happy there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, everything is amazing! Esp liked the N x Briggsiana 'Peter D'Amato' ... really cool looking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! I really like this pitcher too. I am most impressed that this is the first pitcher it has produced after rooting. I received it as an unrooted cutting about six months ago and this is its first pitcher. I can't wait to see what it does when it gets better established.

Quote Originally Posted by antechron View Post
    wow, everything is amazing! Esp liked the N x Briggsiana 'Peter D'Amato' ... really cool looking.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast