What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh man, what beautiful Nepenthes you have! I really like the deep red color of your spectabilis x talangensis and all the boschiana hybrids are just pure amazing.

Wow, thanks for sharing!

All - thanks for your kind words! They really mean a lot coming for this group of experts. I really enjoy looking at everyone else's pictures, so I am glad floks seem to be enjoying this thread.

Ean - yes, a couple of the misc flowers toward the end are desert roses. They are really taking off after I moved them to the end of my driveway. Every time my wife sees blooms like this I get a lecture on how pretty the flowers are and how I need to get plants that flower in stead of all the "ugly" pitchers. She just doesn't get it....

Cool plants! Isn't one of those a desert rose? I have a bonsai of one of those.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Glen - you are correct sir, I officially have it bad. However, there are a lot worse things to do with my time / money..... As for media, I primarily use a mix of peat, cinders, and orchid bark, but also use sand, LFS and perlite too. I started out using mostly peat (usually over 50%), but my mixes recently use a lot less peat (less than 35%) and more orchid bark and cinders. I usually use the sand, LFS and / or perlite more for rooting cuttings and HL plants. I wish I could give you a more exact answer, but I must admit I mix on the fly and no two batches comes out exactly the same.....

It's official. You've got it bad. Nice plants, Keith. What are you using for medium these days?

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

Damon - I love to have visits, but don't know about the admission part... As for the truncata, yes, it is the one I got from you. It is doing very well; didn't even skip a beat....

You need to post a sign and charge admission! :)

Stunning collection. Is that the truncata Paisan I sent you? It looks really happy there.

wow, everything is amazing! Esp liked the N x Briggsiana 'Peter D'Amato' ... really cool looking.

Thank you! I really like this pitcher too. I am most impressed that this is the first pitcher it has produced after rooting. I received it as an unrooted cutting about six months ago and this is its first pitcher. I can't wait to see what it does when it gets better established.

wow, everything is amazing! Esp liked the N x Briggsiana 'Peter D'Amato' ... really cool looking.

Same here but my Mom doesn't like carnivorous plants because she thinks it's cruel to see things suffer mostly because they are living and they are insects. I have a few desert rose and yes once i moved mine outside it bloomed for literily a half year straight it always had a flower on it.

Back