What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes macrophylla

got my N. macrophylla today... so sad that the other one was an xTM but hey, whatever :p

NepenthesmacrophyllaBE006.jpg

NepenthesmacrophyllaBE003.jpg

NepenthesmacrophyllaBE004.jpg

What else can I say that I haven't? It is beautiful... those teeth :drool:

haha.. I could totally fit my macro in those pitchers. Nice find!

Where did this N. macrophylla clone originate from?

I think it's BE because it was one of Tony's.

Very nice plant indeed... I thought about bidding on it, but it's likely I have the same clone. The pitchers are just amazing on it :0o:

yes this is a BE clone. Zu im not sure how many clones BE has of macrophylla, i suppose i could shoot rob an email and ask him unless someone else knows off hand

That thing is just incredible....you must be so happy to own it. :grin:

There is more than one clone. Our BE distributor says they are from a random assortment of clones.

That thing is just incredible....you must be so happy to own it. :grin:

oh most definitely, i almost had a heart attack from excitement when i opened up the box xD
my wallet also had a panic attack and a bit of a flashback with a touch of PTSD from the price though...

yes this is a BE clone. Zu im not sure how many clones BE has of macrophylla, i suppose i could shoot rob an email and ask him unless someone else knows off hand

Given the size of his, I'm guessing when I bought mine from him he kept a few from the same batch to grow out to auction off. If it was from the same batch, I don't know if Rob keeps cultures of just one clone at a time like AW seems to do, or if he has multiples at the same time going. That's why I suggested that it's likely that I have the same one, just to make sure there isn't the slightest chance that I'd be growing twice the same plant.. that's why I end up buying a BE and AW clone of some stuff just to make sure they're from opposite ends of the globe so I get less overlap :jester:

That is incredible. And a fantastic size. I got a teeny, tiny one from AW but just couldn't keep it alive. Shame, that is one awesome nep.

So are Wistubas macros all N x trusmadiensis? :(

Nice one! It is huge! Congratulations!

I got my 2 macrophylla of different clones from AW yesterday. I read that one of his clones might be questionable but the other is the real macro so I got both for assurance. Can anyone with a large AW macro post a picture of their plant? Both AW clones if possible to see the differences in the pitchers.

macrophylla.jpg

macrophylla_small.jpg

Here is the plant in question from AW as a younger plant.

2004-9-29-Highland_Nep%20125.jpg

It gets a little more yellow as it matures.
2005-10-14_Highland_GH_Tour_111.jpg

2010-11-11_Nepenthes-170.jpg

-Jeremiah-

that last pic reminds me of the Predator's mouth.. ya know, with Arnold Schwarzenegger in the jungle.

Oh it is a great plant, very fast and easy growing, and the pitchers last for ages.

-Jeremiah-

The 'fake' macros aren't N. x TM, they are N. macrophylla x xTM. At least that is the theory. Wistuba also has more than one clone, some people say on is pure...

Looks a lot like Trusmadiensis.

I would agree with you myself but well over half the people I have ever asked in person that have seen N. Trusmadiensis and N. macrophylla in the wild say it to hard to tell or that looks like N. macrophylla to them.

N. Trusmadiensis in the wild.
DSC_1213.JPG

So honestly I have no idea other then it is a awesome plant.

-Jeremiah-

Back