What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird Vine Growth

Vbkid

Getting There...
I apologize for the lack of picture, but I think I can explain this properly.

So I have a large Ventrata with multiple vine and stalks all coming from 1 or 2 individual plants in a pot. One vine, however, has been growing rather strangely for the last few leaves. For the last 2 leaves on the vine, about a half in up the leaf another vine/stalk is sprouting out of the side. Almost as if you would take a cutting and new growth is emerging from above a node, except the plant is doing fine.

Has anyone experienced this? Will both stalks at the split remain healthy? Should I remove one and possible repot it?

Thanks for the help!
Kyle

I apologize for the lack of picture, but I think I can explain this properly.

So I have a large Ventrata with multiple vine and stalks all coming from 1 or 2 individual plants in a pot. One vine, however, has been growing rather strangely for the last few leaves. For the last 2 leaves on the vine, about a half in up the leaf another vine/stalk is sprouting out of the side. Almost as if you would take a cutting and new growth is emerging from above a node, except the plant is doing fine.

Has anyone experienced this? Will both stalks at the split remain healthy? Should I remove one and possible repot it?

Thanks for the help!
Kyle

My N.ampullaria has done this....buth ends of the vine will grow without issue.

While I have never had any plants flower, the offshoot already has developed into 2 leaves so that look like a normal plant.

My old N. hamata split about 10" above the soil and made itself into two vines without any intervention from me as well. It may be that the change in light intensity as the plant grows taller causes dormant nodes to activate.

Back