What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My First Nepenthes

Wire Man

Sphagnum Guru
Well, I took the dive today and purchased my first Nepenthes alata. It's a gorgeous, healthy looking plant. I think it's in the intermediate pitcher stage, as the tendrils are doing some funky things and the pitchers are changing shape. I'll get photos as soon as it's situated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! I'm sure it won't be your last.

I'm pretty sure it won't be either. My parents can't stop looking at it. I'm looking forward to seeing the insane growth rate of 6 feet per year.

Looks like the usual Deroose alata which is N. alata x (alata x ventricosa) if i'm not mistaken. It is a great plant!

Nice,
It does look like Deroose "Alata" which is a hybrid.
Great starter Nep. Mine grows like a weed.

Cool. That is the first or second easiest Nepenthes to grow you know.

Yeah definitely not alata... thats a ventrata/ "deroose" alata.. confirmed what i had thought, as its not easy to come by a "multi growthpoint" alata, TRUE alata that is...

I can't wait to see the explosive growth rate! Luckily with my internship I'll have access to more, including a true alata!!!! This could be dangerous.

Last edited:
Back