User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off your new ventricosa X hamata hybrids!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    DONT BE HATIN ON VENTRICOSA! lol.
    Not hatin'.. just dislikin. That's way different.. ish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mass i would generally tend to agree with you... but the xBriggsiana and its reverse cross are incredibly beautiful, and ventricosa x angasanensis is gorgeous as well... Can't count out the ventricosa x ephippiata either, there are plenty of ventricosa hybrids that are just ugly or boring, but also a handful of stunning ones as well....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently steering away from hybrids in general, but I do like a lot of the N.ventricosa hybrids. They are not always flashy, but some are pretty slick. I feel my main interest in the N. ventricosa x hamata hybrid would be a fast growing, fairly hardy Nepenthes with a decently toothed peristome. From what I have seen, the hybrids are taking on a lot of N. hamata's traits.

As a species, I almost despise N. ventricosa simply because it is such an easy to grow, unkillable beast, that everyone has one, and usually a huge one to boot. Oddly enough, the slow, finicky, hard to care for plants are the ones I enjoy the most. And toothed peristomes, but those two kinda go hand in hand

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, but N.ventricosa porcelain/cream/alba are some of the most gorgeous plants out there! It may just be because I'm biased and like white pitchered plants (burbidgeae, muluensis, macfarlanei, etc.) but how can you *not* love them:
    http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...howtopic=32934

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had numerous chances to get ventricosa x ephippiata.. but always pass on it. It's nice, I agree.. but I've got pure ephippiata, so what's the point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mass, ive got pure ephippiata too, doesnt mean some of its hybrids or hybrids with any other species are not worth collecting.... i own truncata and ephippiata but i still have truncata x ephippiata, or i own lowii x ventricosa red but i own both of those....or hell, what about xPredator, just because you own a truncata or hamata, or both does not necessarily mean hybrids are not worth owning....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't feel it's a worthy cross to take up even more space in my GH. For example.. I just brought in lowii x truncata, lowii x spectabilis, truncata x veitchii HL, spectabilis x truncata, and truncata x x TM. ALL worthy of my limited space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    I just don't feel it's a worthy cross to take up even more space in my GH. For example.. I just brought in lowii x truncata, lowii x spectabilis, truncata x veitchii HL, spectabilis x truncata, and truncata x x TM. ALL worthy of my limited space.
    You're thinking wrong.

Buy another greenhouse.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast