What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show off your new ventricosa X hamata hybrids!

Here's my new arrival. Just got it a few days ago. Would love to see photos from others who have recently gotten their hands on this new hybrid from Borneo Exotics.

icemansyr

Do you know if anyone is still selling these?

Do you know if anyone is still selling these?

As far as I know everyone is sold out already. They seemed to go pretty fast.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

Love the pics so far! Hopefully more to come?!

Yeah, I wanted to get one but didn't even see them available except for one place which didn't list a price yet or any way to reserve them. The next time I checked, it was gone from the reservation list.

Ah, well. I'll get one eventually.

Cute little guys.. but I had zero interest in owning one myself.

I am a sucker for ventricosa hybrids for some reason. My growlist is fairly skewed in the ventricosa direction.

How come, mass? Are you a hamata purist? hehe.

You could say that. I wouldn't taint my 10" hamata with much of anything other than macro, villosa, and x TM. Spectabilis, veitchii, or truncata might be a cool cross too. And I could care less about ventricosa, or hybrids of it. I own one vent hybrid (vent x spec).. and that's only because it has a striped peristome.

Last edited:
no, I've got a 10" hamata. But I could care less about ventricosa, or hybrids of it. I own one vent hybrid (vent x spec).. and that's only because it has a striped peristome.

I hear ya. I've only recently begun to warm-up to ventricosa crosses. My first love (for hybrids) are still xTrusmadiensis crosses.

I actually misread your comment, and edited my post.. check it out. :lol:

Oh c'mon! ventricosa rocks! It makes everything less edgy and refined.

Here is what spongebob looks like crossed with N. ventricosa! LOL

230px-Normal.jpg

I Like ventricosa hybrids, but most are rather dull, I only like the really flashy ones, since I grow on my windowsill, the ventricosa gives them a bit more durability.

I'm right there with carn - I'm not too keen on vent hybrids, but sometimes it adds something that would really make the plant ugly otherwise... like N.ventricosa x x trusmadiensis - there isn't a person I've heard of that *doesn't* like xSabre! Or for that matter N.xPeter D'amato.

haha.. dash, you crack me up. But nevertheless, you said the issue yourself. "It makes everything less edgy.." In other words, it ruins everything IMHO. So.. I have no interest in a tainted hamata cross.

haha.. dash, you crack me up. But nevertheless, you said the issue yourself. "It makes everything less edgy.." In other words, it ruins everything IMHO. So.. I have no interest in a tainted hamata cross.

:lol: amphirion disciple!

True. It is never as good as the real thing, but similar.

DONT BE HATIN ON VENTRICOSA! lol.

Back