What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show off your new ventricosa X hamata hybrids!

Here's my plant:

cp-nov2011-(ventxham)001.jpg

cp-nov2011-ventxham001.jpg

Those are beautiful guys! :D I think I know what I want for Christmas.

I have to say: At first I didn't think about reserving any plants. I thought to myself: It's just another hamata cross that's not particularly special. Then I saw the pictures of the small plants showing well-defined ridges and hints of teeth and I changed my mind completely. I procured one of these babies and I have to say: Out of any of crosses I've seen this one looks to take the strongest after hamata. I can't wait to see the adult versions of these guys and gals.

Last edited:
It seems like ventricosa leaves this really nice mostly blank slate for the other parent to work with. I'm not surprised with the outcome of this cross, but I can't wait to see this plants grow up! I wish wish wish I had jumped on one of those. :headwall:

It seems like ventricosa leaves this really nice mostly blank slate for the other parent to work with. I'm not surprised with the outcome of this cross, but I can't wait to see this plants grow up! I wish wish wish I had jumped on one of those. :headwall:

You know Google is your best friend. ;) I'm pretty sure there are some websites that still sell these guys. I plan on getting one myself pretty soon. Merry (Early) Christmas for me! :D

I want one of these bad! lol Just trying to covince the gf its worth the $ :) ( not the eaysiest thing to do) hahaha

Beautifull plant Brokken!!

Oh oh, Brokken! That's really beautiful! :)

Oh and just out of curiosity, how big is that plant Brokken? (Plant diameter and pitcher size.) :D

I'd say about 4" right now and pitchers are about 2.5".

omg now i want one lol, i bet they will look nice when they are grown up :D

Right about now I'm wishing I jumped on one of these.

I need to do some double checking then! And I found one. Now to pony up the cash....

This is one I got for my bother, it's about 5" diameter

2011-12-02231816.jpg

2011-12-02231701.jpg

Last edited:
Oooh everyone else's are doing soooo good! :drool:

Colored up more.

2011-12-06234434.jpg

By the way Thez how are your Spathulata x Hamata's turning out, would like to see some pics.

Good lord Gea! That is growing like a tank. Definitely one of the larger I have seen so far of this specimen.

Does anyone get an almost black peristome on their pitchers? I am seeing a lot of red but not the " hamata black". I'll find a pic to explain.

The black may not be a prominant gene ??? But I agree, I would love to see one with a black or at least dark dark red peristome.

Here is my little tyke. Has darker peristomes but always wonder if they are going to turn a little more...

DSCN1217.jpg

DSCN1218.jpg

DSCN1222.jpg

@Smitty: looks like you have a particularly nice clone there, very nice indeed!

Back