What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for small lowland Neps

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Greetings. I've got an indoor terrarium and it gets pretty warm (about 90 degrees during the day). I've got a Nepenthes Ampullaria growing successfully in it, along with (surpisingly) a Heliamphora Minor growing very well (growing fast with red pitchers).

I'm looking for another small lowland Nepenthes to grow in the terrarium. Any suggestions?

N.belii and N.gracilis stay fairly small.

Heliamphora minor? Woah.

Maybe H.Minor just has a bad reputation form its cousins

N.ampullaria's a HUGE plant though :0o:

I think someone else was just asking on another forum too, and I think they came up with campanulata too. Oh, and doesn't tobaica stay small (is it ok to grow in l/l?).

...and N.gracilis stay fairly small.

N. gracilis may not be such a good idea; it vines very quickly and isn't too compact.

How about poor old neglected Nepenthes neoguinensis? :p

N. bellii and N. campanatulata are good looking well behaved small Nepenthes. :)

lol my mirabilis stays small for me in a terrarium... but I don't think that is totally normal...

Truncata stays relatively compact, despite the massive pitchers. I agree with the neoguinensis suggestion. It's a good looking plant.

Truncata stays relatively compact, despite the massive pitchers.

While N. truncata has relatively small-spaced nodes, the leaf size can get massive...

I'm planning on getting an N. belii sometime soon as I want tiny species. N campanulata is also a relatively small LL Nepenthes when mature.

Did not know that. The ones I've seen just have really wide leaves, not very long. Now that I think of it, not many Neps stay that small, except for Jamban.

Back