What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Dan! I had to move about half of my collection to do some painting yesterday and found some nice pitchers hiding. I will try to post an update as I put everything back in place. Hopefully, tomorrow....

I noticed most of your neps under an awning. Is it bright, indirect sunlight all day, or is there a part of the day when they are in full sun?

Your neps all look so great! I especially like the giant N. x "Miranda" in the second post. I didn't know neps could get that big!! Simply amazing.

Pineapple, yes most of my plants grow under bright indirect sunlight. I have a few that get some direct sunlight but is a bit hard on them at first. They usually get several burnt leaves and then settle in pretty well. Some of them take the sun pretty well, but I have to be careful or they will butn to a crips.

Thanks for your kind words!

Always a pleasure seeing your neps and other CPs Keith, everything looks superb!

Thanks for your kind words 12!

looking at pictures of your trunc makes me want to shout at mine for still being a baby, royal or no.

Over the holidays I took a couple of weeks off and painted my house. Painting is never fun, but having to move over half of my collection in the process made it even less fun… However, I am very happy with the results and took the opportunity to snap some pictures of some pitchers that caught my eye while I was moving them.

An empty plant bench is a very sad sight…
DSC08292.jpg

DSC08294.jpg

Temporary home in the garage while I was painting
DSC08291.jpg

N maxima dark
DSC08297.jpg

N rafflesiana
DSC08301.jpg

DSC08305.jpg

DSC08306.jpg

N maxima x truncata
DSC08310.jpg

N ventricosa "Wide Mouth"
DSC08313.jpg

N adrianii
DSC08317.jpg

N St Longinus
DSC08321.jpg

N Whisper
DSC08326.jpg

N ovata
DSC08329.jpg

N ventricosa x maxima
DSC08333.jpg

N sumatrana
DSC08336.jpg

N Aponi ((kampotiana x maxima) x bongso)
DSC08339.jpg

N alata boschiana mimic
DSC08342.jpg

N x gentle
DSC08347.jpg

N sibuyanensis x truncata squat
DSC08351.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

N ventricosa x mira
DSC08353.jpg

N x predator
DSC08356.jpg

N veitchii xx tiveyi
DSC08360.jpg

A Much Happier Plant Bench
DSC08386.jpg

Nepenthes and bromeliads along the side of the garage
DSC08362.jpg

DSC08364.jpg

DSC08365.jpg

DSC08367.jpg

Bromeliads around the pond
DSC08368.jpg

DSC08370.jpg

DSC08371.jpg

DSC08372.jpg

DSC08373.jpg

Bromeliads on the other side of the garage
DSC08376.jpg

DSC08375.jpg

DSC08382.jpg

DSC08383.jpg

DSC08381.jpg

DSC08384.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Cacti and Dyckia behind the house
DSC08387.jpg

DSC08388.jpg

DSC08389.jpg
DSC08390.jpg

DSC08391.jpg

DSC08395.jpg

All of your plants look amazing. I wish my nep collection was half as nice.

Holy crap Keith. Wow!!!

So jealous.. which I could grow outdoors year round. Everything looks great as usual.. :clap:

WOW! amazing plants, I love that maxima dark and the alata boschiania mimic!

That is quite the garden. :hail:

amazing

The paintings looks like it helps bring out the plants. The maxima dark is really living up to its name!

Do you grow any tropical ferns with your Neps? I had some interesting little ones pop up with the baby maxima.

Thanks for all the complements! I really appreciate the kind words.

I really like the maxima dark too, but a couple of times in the past folks have commented that it looked like it might be a hybrid...

What are your thought on the sumatrana? Does it look like the real deal? It is still very small; however, the shape and color seems to be off to me. Thoughts??

Wire Man - I do not ferns with my neps on purpose; however, they often show up of their own accord. I try to keep them pulled to a reasonable level, but it seems to be a no win situation.

It looks similar to most N. sumatrana seedling pics I've seen. It looks like a highly variable species.
I think the maxima dark is a pure species. N. maxima hybrids tend to lose the lid appendage, and your's seems very pronounced.

I was just wondering. I had 2 show up. I like the way they look growing with the pitchers. I plan to add them to the gecko's terrarium once I redo it.

It looks similar to most N. sumatrana seedling pics I've seen. It looks like a highly variable species.
I think the maxima dark is a pure species. N. maxima hybrids tend to lose the lid appendage, and your's seems very pronounced.

I was just wondering. I had 2 show up. I like the way they look growing with the pitchers. I plan to add them to the gecko's terrarium once I redo it.

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it!

The ferns were kind of neat at first, but they can get out of hand pretty quickly. If you would like I can send you a couple of different types....

What are your thought on the sumatrana? Does it look like the real deal? It is still very small; however, the shape and color seems to be off to me. Thoughts??

More photos of the plant would help also. Any background info on where it came from etc?
I agree it doesn't look right.

Keith I seem to think the ferns help the neps grow. I remember from Bio class how plants in the wild will form a symbiotic relationship via the roots passing sugars and things back and forth helping each other grow. My N. marbled dragon used to have this large fern growing in it and the plant was doing awesome. Then I repot take out the fern and now the plant is slow growing. I am sure it is in part due tot he root disturbance, but I think the fern helped too. :p

More photos of the plant would help also. Any background info on where it came from etc?
I agree it doesn't look right.

Tony I will try to get a couple pictures of the whole plant tomorrow as it is getting too dark to get any good shots tonight. I got the plant on ebay, which throws up red flags. However, the seller has great feedback and has had several other rare plants that appeared to be the real deal....

---------- Post added 01-08-2012 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-07-2012 at 11:40 PM ----------

A few more detailed picturs of N sumatrana:

DSC08400.jpg

DSC08401.jpg

DSC08402.jpg

DSC08404.jpg

DSC08406.jpg

DSC08409.jpg

And an update on one of the N rafflesiana for good measure...
DSC08417.jpg

Back