What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DSC09766.jpg

Wow! Looks awesome now!

Thanks for all the kind comments! I really appreciate them.

DSC09766.jpg

Wow! Looks awesome now!

I love the strips!

It is growing like a weed and has several pitcher. I will have to move it out behind the garage with the tall plants soon....

Last edited:
Have any pics of the Nepenthes tentaculata I traded you last year? Just wondering how it's doing.

Keith!!! Wow bro! The bical is awesome! Love the plants!! My boaxhiana mimic looks different than yours. Mine has no speckling and the opening flares different than yours. Mine flushes a reddish color too. Yours is more hippy though. Either way they are awesome!!!!

Have any pics of the Nepenthes tentaculata I traded you last year? Just wondering how it's doing.

Unfortunately, the only pitcher it has currently is suffering for small (almost no) lid syndrome.... However, it is very health and has started a nice basal. I will keep an eye on it and post a picture of the next pitcher it puts out.

Keith!!! Wow bro! The bical is awesome! Love the plants!! My boaxhiana mimic looks different than yours. Mine has no speckling and the opening flares different than yours. Mine flushes a reddish color too. Yours is more hippy though. Either way they are awesome!!!!

Thanks for the kind words, JB! My boaschiana mimic has a very bulbous base; much more so than many that I have seen... Very unique shape........

Last edited:
Thanks!

I have several raffs and really like them all. I love the variety of colors......

N ventricosa xx tiveyi (a)
DSC09528_zpsdaef617c.jpg

Hi Keith :) So I was going through your thread and came across this one that I hadn't noticed before. I love that its so pale its almost white! Does it stay this color or does it get much darker? Any spots ever? I'm curious since it has the ventricosa in it. Although I guess depending on which ventricosa was used there might not have been any to begin with.

I was also wondering how cold it gets at your place during the night since I see some highlanders that seem to be doing quite well for you. I'm thinking that if my microclimate is similar to yours, then maybe I could get away with growing them too....

Hopefully these aren't repeat questions from earlier in your thread :-D

Loving the N spectabilis x talangensis btw! Thanks for always sharing pics

Michelle, This plant stays pretty pale. It is kept behind the garage where it gets a little more shade than some of my other growing areas, but still gets direct sun at least part of the day. I have two N ventricosa xx tiveyi clones and this one is much more pale. Unfortunately it is a pretty slow grower... I will try to earmark a basal for you if/when it gets around to producing one....

Thanks for the kind words!

I will try to post some updated pictures over the holiday, but no promises.....

Why thank you :) I appreciate the generosity! Looking forward to seeing some more picture updates! I always enjoy seeing them.

BTW I've been saving a succulent for you that I thought you might be interested in. I'll send you an email with a pic in a couple days once I'm done house sitting. If you like it, its yours ;)

Life has a way of getting out of control from time to time and this summer has been one of those times for me. Between training for a new job, college classes, my daughter’s wedding, etc. it has been a pretty crazy ride. A couple of you have dropped me a note to see how I was doing and I really appreciate that!

I finally got a little time to take some photos this afternoon; I hope you enjoy them…

N faizaliana

N ampullaria Brunei Red

N maxima x boschiana

N spectabilis x ventricosa

N copelandii Mt Pasian

N x splendiana x 'Judith Finn'

N fusca

N izumiae x maxima

N talangensis x veitchii

N ampullaria x sibuyanensis

N fusca x veitchii

N x gaya 'Buddha'

N x rufescens

N alata boschiana mimic

N x Briggsiana 'Peter D'Amato'

N densiflora x truncata

N x splendiana x ??

N x tiveyii

N x Song of Melancholy

N ampullaria Harlequin

N spectabilis x turncata

N sibuyanensis x maxima

N thorellii x Trusmadiensis

N Mark Lang

N mixta

N Red Beauty

N Shadow - sanguinea x sibuyanensis

N petiolata

N Anubis - spathulata (thorelii x densiflora)

N Silence - splendiana x spectabilis

N mirabilis x (viking x rafflesiana)

N ventricosa x carunculata var robusta

Welcome back! :-D Great update

Thanks Michelle! We will have to try to get everyone together for a BBQ sometime in the coming weeks.....

Thanks Michelle! We will have to try to get everyone together for a BBQ sometime in the coming weeks.....

Great looking plants Keith ! I especially like the faizaliana and fusca. Nepenthes alata "boschiana mimic" has been reclassified as Nepenthes graciliflora. Good thing too because "boschinana mimic" made no sense. I never saw even the slightest resemblance to N.boschiana in that plant.

Wonderful stuff, Keith! Thanks for the tour. :)
FYI, the cutting of Splendiana X Mixta you sent me many months ago is doing beautifully and is turning out to be one of my favorites. It has such a unique rusty red pitcher coloring! Love it.

Good to see you,
Paul

Back