What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

coffee and milk

Sry about all the post

I have been reading on here about ppl using coffee and milk on there plant I just wanted to know how much coffee to use and in the pictures or for the roots I seen its like once every 2 months or so and as far as the milk what type how much and any thing I should know about it

I haven't heard anything about the milk, but here is my personal relation with Coffee and nepenthes.

I had a little N. mira that was on the way out. So I watered it (as in, as if I were watering it with water- until excess started to pour out the bottom of the pot) once every three months with old, chilled, black coffee. It seemed to bounce back right away, but then started to fade until it died completely. It may have been the soil, though, because that was before I switched over to 1:1:1 perlite : LFS : orchid bark.

Other plants that I have fed with coffee I have not noticed any significant change in their growing patterns.

Hope this help!
CJ

Uhh Coffee yes, no milk...

I've only used 2% milk on my N. Truncata paisan. 2 to 4 drops in each pitcher depending on size with care to not have it drop onto side walls as I'm told it molds and kills off parts of the pitcher when it does. Long cheapo plastic pipit works well for this. The plant has grown very well since then but whether it was a result of the milk or not is beyond me. Caused no harm however that I could tell. I plan to do another feeding of it soon as its been over a month. HTH

Back