Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dob/dot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dob/dot

How many of you would like to know the date your plants came out of the seed IE date they germinated DOB

And the date that your plant has been transplant it to a new pot ie DOT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Date of Germination for the few actually seed-grown plants I have (non-clones) would be nice to have just so I can keep a more exact record of how fast they can be grown to flowering and vining when all conditions are controlled. I generally just note the DOA = Date Of Arrival - I know people don't like that acronym...

Now that I do have some Nepenthes seeds that have germinated I could have noted the exact date of germination but I did not. The seedling tray tags do have the month & year that the seed was sown however which is good enough for me.

I don't care about the date of transplanting, I move them when I feel they need to be moved or when I see roots coming out of the bottom or sides of the pot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A problem with noting a "date of germination" is that if you have a batch of seeds, they aren't all germinating on the same day. If you have the one lonely seed, then perhaps that is feasible, but for the most part, it isn't.

Transplanting for me isn't really record-worthy either, unless I am using some exotic mix that I could never remember otherwise. The only things that I keep exact records on are things like coffee treatments, Neem oil applications, and the very rare fertilizing.
    "The plants you grow, end up growing you."

My Grow List:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123995

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got a lot of seeds about a week ago I'm trying something with them that I read somewhere ill post pics and my results when I find out if it works if it works every one of my seed will have a DOB ill keep every one updated on it