What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

updated pics.....plus orchids and an ant fern

'Predator'
IMG_1558.jpg

densiflora x black trunc......a favorite
IMG_1556.jpg

flava
IMG_1555.jpg

lowii
IMG_1553.jpg

macrophylla
IMG_1552.jpg

merrilliana
IMG_1550.jpg

burb
IMG_1549.jpg

longifolia
IMG_1548.jpg

a masdi
IMG_1561.jpg

Lepanthopsis astrophora 'Stalky'
IMG_1547.jpg

a Lecanopteris
IMG_1554.jpg

I really like the denisflora x black truncata. Reminds me of ovata.

Oh wow... NICE!! :love: I love it all!

i should also note, the lowlanders longifolia and merrilliana are happily growing alongside the highland flava, macro, lowii and burb in the same tank at the moment.....seems the cool end of intermediate(80 days and low 60 nights) may be a sweet spot to keep a MOST neps happy.......im sure bical and villosa may not do so well, but i seem to be able to keep most species i try happy in these temps....

Seems like you have the more sought-for neps... and doing a hell of a job taking care of them :D

i just ignore them.......believe me there is lil to no effort put forth towards their care......dont have time for it which is why you often see dead pitchers in my pics, i only clean up my plants once or twice a year....my basement temps are easily controled cause my bedroom is down there and i like to sleep cool at night, lights int he plant room warm it up during the day......watering schedule depends on how often i run the central air but during certain times i dont even have to look at them for 14 to 20 days at a time if im busy.....

as far as the desirable species.....i just grow what i like, there are some highly desirable species i really have no interest in, much rather have villosa than eddy, will pay for a villosa, might take an eddy given to me.....actually dont spend alot on my plants, prolly buy less than $100 in cp's a year....actually get more as gifts than anything, trade for most the others.....every once in awhile i see a nep i want on a price list, cash in the change i save and buy it....

They all look great but I'm starting to like the "Predator" alot more. It's amazing what you can do in your basement though, I'm the same way. Basement back room growin seems to work pretty well, when I start fussin' things decline. What kind of lights do you have going ?

mainly T8's but last time i was at HD i noticed some T5 fixtures have come down in price significantly from when i last looked so i picked up a couple to replace some burned out T8 fixtures......dont use any special bulbs, always had good results with the cheapest bulk bulbs i could find.....only have had the T5's for a few weeks so i have no opinion of them compared to the T8's yet but for the size they seem to put out excellent light....

the 'Predator' is interesting, went looking for it cause i noticed the mature pitchers were decent sized on the pics ppl put up and i liked the colors more than obsessing over the hamata parent like some did/do, im a big fan of dark peristromes, the closer to black the better.....fortunately, a friend gave me one but a lil unfortunately it was a real small basal and its been real slow on putting on size like some basals can be, especially when separated when they are a lil small.....recently its started gaining size a bit faster than in the past....

lookin' good there rattler...

dvg

They all look amazing! Especially the N. Burb :love:

Love your collection of choice plants! That lil 'Predator' is a beaut! I hope my densiflora x black truncata darkens up more like yours as it gets older. I grow some orchids with my Neps as well...but not ant plants. After seeing the photo though I might have to get me one!

How did I miss this? Everything looks amazing! I love seeing your plants. That densiflora x KoS sure is nice.

Back