What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trusmadiensis Hybrids

Anybody have any nice Trusmadiensis hybrids they'd like to show off? Personally, these are my favorite type of hybrids. Here is the latest addition to my Trusmadiensis Troupe. So far I'm very pleased with this hybrid:

N. (ventricosa x sibuyanensis) x Trusmadiensis

icemansyr

Nice! I love this hybrid.

my iz x tm is a lil smaller
DSCF2398.jpg

@Rattler: The pitchers on your plant look more like the one on mine. Is your plant a slow grower? Mine is healthy but is as slow as molasses.

yes its slow......slower than the lowii growing near it.....not sure why its so slow, other iz hybrids i have/had cook along pretty good....

cp-jun2011-izumixtm002.jpg

My izumiae x TM. I generally love anything crossed with TM. Nice peristome, hardy, and generally fast growing - for me at least.

ok Brokken, if Ice and i have slow ones, how in the hell did you get a fast one?

That sure is a popular hybrid! I'll have to take a better photo of mine to post! What are your growing conditions like Brokken?

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

D'oh! Actually, now that I look at the photos I think I know why Brokken's is faster. His pitcher looks to show more of the izumiae parentage. Rattler and I show more of the Trusmadiensis. I'm guessing the TM is a slower grower. Here is a not-so-great photo of mine that I took a few weeks ago:

icemansyr

Rattler: I try to keep my GH at no more than about 85 degrees during the day and at night it drops to the 50's or so. During the day, humidity may fluctuate between 40% and 60% and at night between 80% and 90%.

Ice: You could be right - it's possible that yours take after TM more, but I have to say: Mine looked a lot like yours when it was younger and seems to have changed over time: Peristome has become thinner and the pitchers more elongated:

cp-dec2010-izxtm001.jpg

cp-nov2010-izumixtm001.jpg

I also have a pure TM and it too grows pretty fast for me.

Brokken, your greenhouse sounds like my basement plant room only my dip is into the low 60's not 50's but i cant imagine that being the deal breaker......guess i just got a slow one.....

Brokken, your greenhouse sounds like my basement plant room only my dip is into the low 60's not 50's but i cant imagine that being the deal breaker......guess i just got a slow one.....

Rattler: It is also possible that we're simply talking in terms that are ambiguous. What do _you_ consider slow? Mine puts out about a leaf and pitcher every 3 months or so.

Okay, here's some more TM crosses:

Ventricosa x Trusmadiensis - otherwise known as 'Sabre'. This is clone "C"

cp-jun2011-sabrec001.jpg

Ventricosa x Trusmadiensis. - or Sabre clone "A"

cp-may2011-ventxtm001.jpg

Thorelii x Trusmadiensis.

cp-may2011-thorxtm004.jpg

Maxima x Trusmadiensis.

cp-may2011-maxxtm003.jpg

and... the real McCoy - N. 'Trusmadiensis' itself:

cp-may2011-trusmadiensis001.jpg

Rattler: I try to keep my GH at no more than about 85 degrees during the day and at night it drops to the 50's or so. During the day, humidity may fluctuate between 40% and 60% and at night between 80% and 90%.

Ice: You could be right - it's possible that yours take after TM more, but I have to say: Mine looked a lot like yours when it was younger and seems to have changed over time: Peristome has become thinner and the pitchers more elongated:

cp-dec2010-izxtm001.jpg

cp-nov2010-izumixtm001.jpg

I also have a pure TM and it too grows pretty fast for me.

Hmmm...guess I'll just have to wait and see. Love your pure TM! Is that a seed grown one?

hey here is my clone of Ventricosa x Trusmadiensis(EP SG)
I bought 1 cutting and manged 2 make 4 out of the one i got :)(took me a long time 2 get this awesome plant)
here is the biggest pitcher so far
IMG_4816.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

IMG_4810.jpg

adi

Trusmadiensis hybrids! Someday I'll have one. Or an N. macrophylla. Either way...

hey here is my clone of Ventricosa x Trusmadiensis(EP SG)
I bought 1 cutting and manged 2 make 4 out of the one i got :)(took me a long time 2 get this awesome plant)
here is the biggest pitcher so far
IMG_4816.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

IMG_4810.jpg

adi

WOWOWOW!!! I second what Brokk said! If you are ever looking to trade one of those rooted cuttings let me know!

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Gots to keep this thread a goin' sOOooo...here's my N. maxima Dark x Trusmadiensis. This is the latest pitcher it produced. This might look familiar, I entered it in the Pitcher of the Month contest a few months back.

icemansyr

Trusmadiensis

cp-oct2011-tm003.jpg

Sibuyanensis x TM

cp-dec2011-sibxtm001.jpg

Izumiae x TM (plant 1)

cp-oct2011-izumixtm004.jpg

Izumiae x TM (plant 2)

cp-sep2011-izumiaextm001.jpg

Thorelii x TM

cp-nov2011-(thorxtm)001.jpg

(ventricosa x sibuyanensis) x TM