Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New plant: WTF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh, when my plants get dehydrated. They wilt. Not turn colors and texture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that creeping death on those leaves gave me the heebie jeebies.
    It didn't seem like dessication.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have bought from this seller before and the plants were much larger than expected and were in great condition, but they required a lot of humidity acclimation to be fine with my conditions. They initially wilted quite severely but after bagging them up, they eventually acclimated. I'm not sure what is happening with the stippling on the leaf but some of the lower leaves do look to me like the plant had trouble with water uptake (I've seen the same thing on plants of mine that dried out or the roots croaked out).

I have this cross as well and it is super super picky to the point that I would almost recommend not getting it (at least the clone I have)! It took about two years to acclimate and I have had it for about three years and have only gotten two pitchers from it.

That said, the stippling scares the heck out of me too! If you haven't destroyed it yet, I would recommend isolating it, spraying it with fungicide/pesticide, and bagging it as if you were rooting a cutting. Generally it takes a while for plants to die from new conditions. Consider how quickly it started showing problems, I think most of the responsibility is on the seller to do something. I'm sorry your in the situation you are in and hope you get things worked out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That just looks crazy. I have thrown delicate plants into low humidity conditions and seen them wilt down some but they certainly have never looked like that. The back of that one leaf looks like someone through acid on it and it is melting away. The seller should be taking more responsibility since it seems highly unlikely anything you could have done would cause that in the short time you have had it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not in low humidity, the LL tank is 90%+.

We can add yet another one for the list, got my order from an actual vendor (not who you'd think), he supposedly sent "bigger plants" than I ordered but he also chopped off the growing points off two of them and one looks like who the hell know what happened to it and one looks OK. $225 is a lot for one 4" Nepenthes boschiana if that's all that survives outta the order.

I guess neither of these people have heard of "first impressions are lasting impressions" can't see myself ever buying from either of these guys again. I would never send out plants that looked like anything I've received in the last two orders... I guess it's what I needed to knock me offa buying more plants for a bit.

I'm going to get on the roof and bark at the moon for a while...
    Last edited by swords; 06-21-2011 at 04:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's who I'm thinking of, that vendor taught me the importance of quarantine. My whole HL chamber was crawling with mites after receiving from him. I'm just going by the tags.
    Also, he sent me an N. ampullaria that seriously just up and died, no matter WHAT I did for it. I managed to save the other one (I got two), but it's still iffy.

I'm sorry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the bellii x northiana guy sent me $8 shipping back. Big whoop compared to the price of the plant...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's... good, I guess.
    Him refusing to take accountability is outright ridiculous though.
    Safe to say I won't be ordering from either of them for some time, if ever.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123