What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Argentii
100_4657.jpg

N. Hamata with 2 growth points after a poor shipping experience
100_4658.jpg

N. Ephippiata, can't wait for this bad boy
100_4659.jpg

N. Ventricosa x Hamata in one month has opened 2 pitchers and 2 leaves and is growing a third pitcher
100_4662.jpg

latest N. Macrophylla pitcher
100_4666.jpg

N. Pyriformis seed grown for 8 months
100_4667.jpg

P. Primuliflora with P. Cyclosecta and D. Capensis in the backgroung
100_4671.jpg

latest N. Truncata
100_4645.jpg

and my first upper on the N. Miranda
100_4646.jpg

What is that media you are using for your neps? It doesn't look so good..

peat, sand, pumice, charcoal, and orchid bark. It drains quickly and that is what I'm concerned about plus the neps seem to be enjoying it.

@gea: most people use long fibered sphagnum rather than peat. but you know know what they say...if it aint broke, dont fix it. but do keep an eye out. :)

Yes I am aware of that. I also know that when I repot yearly peat is not a problem. Although I do appreciate the concern of other members my decision about soil is not without knowledge. I have spent a lot of time researching the subject and trying what works for me. I tend not to use LFS because it is such a pain in the butt to remove from roots when repotting. Next go around I may be adding milled sphagnum to my mix.

In some conditions, it certainly helps to add some peat to the mix. I know that I should probably use more peat in my mixes.

N. x Pyriformis is a very nice hybrid. I haven't seen it around very often.

Back