Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: More snazzy new plants!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's just not kosher and those plants don't appear to me to be 'stock' plants that have been used for propagation. They appear to have been hacked prior to shipping. I could be wrong but come on... I grow nepenthes too! I'm not buying that story.
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think all that mostly needed to be said has been said, I agree with Kris, swords, Liz, etc. We are the growers, we are the clients of a company such as xxxxxxxxxxxx.com.

There's no distortion of facts going on, like swords said, this is just feedback on a shipment and the same would be said about any order of Nepenthes that came in without a growing point. If none of us would appreciate a topped plant, then it just wasn't a good business choice to make.

We all grow Nepenthes here and some of us with great success, I, myself, am a very amateur and small-scale grower, yet even I know, as do most of us here, that the growth point of a Nepenthes is the most sensitive and important part on the entire plant.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And no response... He must know hes in the wrong, the best excuse he could come up with still would not satisfy me if i were in swords' shoes.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reread his post he said he said up there he "wouldn't be replying further"...

His response up there is essentially the exact same excuses he emailed me, just substituting my screen name for "you". I'm really saddened to not have another vendor to use he looked to have a great catalog but if this is the kinda stuff I'm gonna get... I'm so glad I didn't order all the plants I wanted. $225 was enough of a waste of money. Live and learn.

So far, no new growing points....
    Last edited by swords; 06-29-2011 at 04:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your woes Swords but you're not alone. I too was blown away by **********'s catalog. My first order from him was fine. My second order I received a "beheaded" plant too but since it was nice and a size upgrade I was cool with it. However, after my most recent order I won't be doing business with him again. I ordered three N. spectabilis x aristolochioides because the description said: "These are seed-grown plants, so no two are alike, and these will be both male and female plants in the mix." When I got the plants in the mail the tags on them said assorted clones. I emailed him on 6/23 and again on 7/2 and still haven't received a response. NOT COOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did your beheaded plant start a growing point? So far neither of mine have, the leaves are yellowing and starting to look bad though so that's a plus I guess.... (for Mr. Howlett)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooh, more than one occasion? This is a legit practice for him, eh?
    How disappointing.

Especially, since as it appears, they certainly don't always grow new growth points.
    For example, squirrels decapitated my N. Mirabilis. Despite a small basal offshoot as well, the entire plant withered and died over time rather than keep going.

I will not be ever ordering from him... if it can be helped. >.>"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone PM me that name of the distributor of these plants so that I can avoid ordering from here by accident? Or at least just let me know if this shop is in the states or overseas?

I'm really sorry about your plants Swords. I hope they bounce back and grow to be beasts to be reckoned with . All the best.
    cheers,
    Rob
    My CP Page (WIP) See my webpage for my Grow List
    Modified AC for Highland Terrarium

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast