Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone grow N. 'Lady Pauline'?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone grow N. 'Lady Pauline'?

Just wondering if anyone grow this lady and if so does it tolerate lowland conditions? I'm in SC and can get up to 100+. I currently don't have a highland setup. So was curious if it could be done without harming the plant. It is kinda pricey and would hate to buy something I could not propperly care for. Thanks.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just sold mine.. but it was an easy grow, in HL conditions. Can't imagine it would do very well anywhere else.

Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems likeyour temps might be too high for N. 'Lady Pauline' Temperatures into 100's even for a day or so might be too much for it, I grow mine as a windowsill plant, but in highland conditions, the highest it gets is 25C or 77F.

Might want to stick lowland neps such as N. reinwardtiana (there is also a HL version), N. ampullaria, N. gracilis, N. sumatrana (quite colourful and supposedly easy)... and more.

Here's mine

When i got it
    -Carnivoure12
    →Growlist

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Love it. I'm sticking with lowland ATM as I have to grow outside or in a greenhouse. I have young kids and a wife that may like the plants but not so much in the house. Thanks for the input. If I had more light inside may be an option but I know it is not bright enough. Thanks again guys.
    JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to grow mine outside for a while and it did okay at first but couldn't handle the heat in the end and by the time I moved it in it was too late. It's the only nep I have lost to date.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow I wish I could say the same for me. I have killed a few. Just like orchids. Maybe it would be because i listened to a moron at one time who told me straight peat was ok to plant neps in. Big mistake......
    JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Lady Pauline is a hardy hybrid. The maxima in it allows it to grow in just about every condition. The occasional 100 shouldn't phase it, but it does appreciate cool nights. Give it a shot. If it doesn't like your conditions, you won't be out too much $$$ if it doesn't do well for you. This is the kind of nep that you grow for the lowers.

I grow mine in a the typical nep mix of peat, perlite and maybe a little long fibered sphagnum, charcoal lava rock and orchid bark.
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grow Lady Pauline outside here in Hawaii and it has been an easy grower for me. Our temps routinely get up in the mid to upper 80s, but not much higher than that. I really don't know how it would hold up to your higher temps....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast