What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes villosa seedlings . . .

There so cute!!!! They look about the same size as my AW villosa

Maybe when they get decent sized, you could take leaf samples to a lab and they could do genetic testing on the plant and tell you the sex for a hefty fee. Hypothetically, I think it could be done. But it makes no difference until the plant flowers anyway, so what's the point?
Just thinking out loud

@richjam: you can prioritize---females much more rarer in general, they would be raised even more carefully than the rest of the bunch.

Here is an update from today -- along with a shot from last Summer -- now that the seedlings are just over a year in age; and for those of you who have grown highlanders and ultra-highlanders from seed, you are probably well-aware that passing that eight month "probationary" mark can be very promising . . .

Nepenthes villosa 3 July 2011
VILLOSA-5.jpg

1 May 2012
villosa-6.jpg

villosa2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Wowser! Those little dudes don't grow quickly!

Very nice, Big B. Very nice, indeed.

congrats David! They look very promising.

Congrats! there looking awesome!

N'awwwz what such cute babies you have! I still have never managed to sprout nep seed :cry: :hail:

Very nice!

Very beautiful David, I looking forward to seeing those grow up :)

Really looking good.

I would say you can see some villosa traits even in these 14 month old seedlings.

Here is a cropped plant from one of the photos David just posted:
n-villosa-david.jpg

The pitcher to the left is looking the part, also the shape of the leaves and the length of the newest tendril.

Back